1. Hello listening friends and welcome to this broadcast.
2. We are delighted that you tuned in.
3. In the midst of the celebration of the Christmas season, we have been talking about the real meaning of Christmas
4. and we will continue to do so today
5. let me begin by telling you a story
6. A friend of mine told a story of when he was in college.
7. He and his roommate planned a surprise birthday party for John.
8. John was their close friend.
9. And, after all the arrangements were made,...
10. the invitations were issued...
11. and a special gift was purchased.
12. My friend and his roommate looked forward to this special celebration.
13. 30 enthusiastic guests came that night to celebrate John’s birthday.
14. About 30 minutes into the party, the two friends suddenly remembered… They had forgotten to do one important thing
15. they had forgotten to invite the honored guest!
16. They left the party and went out looking for John.
17. But John was nowhere to be found!
18. Finally, they returned to the party and suggested that the celebration be canceled.
19. But the others insisted on having the party anyway,... without the honored guest.
20. Refreshments were served and a cake with 21 candles was lit.
21. And they all sang happy birthday to John... who wasn’t there.
22. It all seemed like one big joke.
23. The master of ceremonies was holding a gift,...
24. that purchased from the meager resources of college students who pooled their money together to purchase that gift!
25. He began to make his speech which drew hearty laughter from the crowd.
26. All of a sudden he realized that there was no one to accept the gift.
27. And finally he concluded that the joke had gone too far.
28. So as the 30 guests left the dining hall,...
29. the two roommates were left behind bewildered and with a big lump in each of their throats.
30. On the next day when they told this story to John... (their absent guest of honor).
31. He, too, thought that it was a joke.
32. When I heard this story, I couldn’t help but reflect on Christmas!
33. Christmas is Christ’s birthday.
34. He is the honored guest.
35. But in many a celebration during this Christmas season, the honored guest will be missing.
36. In many a party and in family gatherings... the honored guest will be missing.
37. In many homes that celebrate the season,... the honored guest will be missing.
38. The honored guest has been left out in the cold.
39. The honored guest is unwelcome... and uninvited in many Christmas festivities.
40. But, from the very beginning Christ had no room in the inn.
41. The Bible said:
42. When it was time for Mary to deliver her virgin born son...
43. there was no room for Him except in a stable.
44. But this was by design.
45. God ordered it that when He comes in human body... He will come in humility.
46. It was prophesied by all the prophets 700 years before his birth.
47. It was foretold by all the seers.
48. It was predicted by all of God’s mouth pieces.
49. That the King of Kings will not be born in a palace.
50. now let me tell you why, Jesus, King of kings, was not born in a palace
51. If he was born in a palace:
52. The fence and the walls would have made him inaccessible.
53. The body guards would have made him unapproachable.
54. The pomp and ceremony would have made him unreachable.
55. The throne would have made him remote.
56. When God left the glories of heaven... and became a man...
57. He wanted to identify with the poorest... the weakest... and lowliest among us.
58. That is why He is the only figure in the entire history of the world that could say:
59. “Come to me all of you who are broken hearten.”
60. “Come to me all of you... who have broken lives.”
61. “Come to me all of you... who have broken dreams.”
62. “Come to me all of you... who have dashed hopes.”
63. Only the one who made the universe... can issue such a incredible invitation.
64. His invitation is very simple.
65. To come to Him.
66. You don’t have to belong to a certain class. To come to Him.
67. You don’t have to speak a special language. To come to Him.
68. You don’t have to adopt special etiquette. To come to Him.
69. You don’t have to belong to a church or a denomination to come to Him.
70. All you need to do to be forgiven and healed... is to come as you are.
71. Jesus was born in a stable because there was no room in the inn.
72. Now, 2000 years later... we have come full circle.
73. Today... Jesus has no room in many a place.
74. The one who is the source of all enlightenment... has no room.
75. The one who is the source of all knowledge... has no room.
76. The one who governs the universe... has no room.
77. The one who is the most perfect judge of the whole universe has no room.
78. He has all the answers... and human institutions don’t want answers.
79. We want to find answers in technology.
80. We want to find answers in science.
81. We want to find answers in psychology.
82. We want to find answers everywhere except where the real answer can be found.
83. In the West, all of the answers have proven to have failed.
84. Yet Jesus stands today... as He did for 2000 years saying:
85. “Come to me. I have the answers to your personal confusion.”
86. “I have the answers to your cultural disintegration.”
87. “I have the answers to your emotional muddle.”
88. “I have the answers to your guilt and pain.”
89. My listening friends, I want to talk to you those of you who call themselves Christians.
90. You may be celebrating Christmas with the guest of honor missing in your life.
91. You may be celebrating Christmas on the outside...
92. yet, on the inside you are filled with turmoil and confusion.
93. You may be celebrating Christmas outwardly...
94. but inwardly you are angry and despondent.
95. Some may say:
96. “I will have a room for Jesus in my life... but not quite yet.”
97. You may never have another chance to make this decision again...
98. and you could spend eternity in torment and regret.
99. Why risk it?
1. Some may say:
2. “I feel unworthy to be forgiven of my sins and healed of my guilt.”
3. Figuratively speaking:
4. your life could not be less worthy than the stable where Jesus was born.
5. Satan wants you to dwell on your past sins and past failures.
6. But Jesus wants to forgive you and come into your life tonight... will you let Him?
7. You must never forget that the baby born in Bethlehem...
8. died on a cross
9. to pay the penalty of sin for all those who will come to Him.
10. But then He rose from the dead.
11. And soon He will come back to judge every human being that has ever lived.
12. And, the only way you can get to heaven is through faith in Jesus Christ.
13. There is no other way.
14. He is inviting you.
15. Will you respond by inviting Him in your life?
16. It is my prayer that you would say yes
17. until next time I wish you God’s richest blessing.