1. Hello, listening friends.
2. We are delighted that you have tuned into this program
3. We have begun to talk about the Christmas season
4. And we will continue to do so today
5. I want to begin by saying to you
6. All over the world, there is bloodshed and violence.
7. In war-torn countries, every time we hear of a cease fire and peace,...
8. it turns out to be a time for reloading of the weapons.
9. And, yet, in the midst of all this violence and turmoil,...
10. we hear the message of the angels "Peace on earth, good will among men."
11. The streets of many cities are marked with violence and blood-shed.
12. In many cities, people are afraid to venture out at night.
13. And people are asking:
14. "Where is this Prince of Peace of whom the angels said will bring peace on earth, good will among men?"
15. And people might rightly ask:
16. “Where is this peace that the angels declared at the birth of Jesus Christ?”
17. Turmoil seems to have invaded all institutions... and relationships.
18. Turmoil has invaded the family, and even many churches.
19. Where is this Prince of Peace of whom the angels sang?
20. Peace and tranquility... that is the cry of every human heart.
21. Yet, the angel announced that on earth there would be peace.
22. What does that mean?
23. It means this
24. if you do not have peace in your heart,...
25. if you do not have peace in your marriage,...
26. if you do not have peace in your home,...
27. if you do not have peace with yourself,...
28. Most likely it is because you have not enthroned the Prince of Peace,...
29. on the throne of your heart,...
30. and on the throne of your home.
31. And that is why any talk of real peace... is futile without the Prince of Peace himself.
32. The peace of which the secular world talks about is a time for re-loading of the weapons.
33. A time of calm before another storm.
34. But, that is not the peace that the angels have proclaimed nearly 2000 years ago.
35. Let me begin at the beginning.
36. Humanity has been at war with one another from the time of creation,
37. ever since Adam and Eve rebelled against God and disobeyed His commands.
38. Ever since that time,...
39. people for centuries have longed for a moment of true peace in their hearts and in their communities.
40. But 2000 years ago when the Prince of Peace was born in a manger,...
41. He was wrapped up in a white flag of true peace.
42. The manger was the place where God signed a peace treaty.
43. And, from that moment to this very moment,...
44. anyone who comes to God in surrender of their weapons,...
45. in surrender of their will,...
46. in surrender of their resistance to him,...
47. receives true peace.
48. Does that mean that you will never have problems?
50. The best illustration that I can think of took place several years ago.
51. A submarine was being tested and had to remain submerged for several days.
52. When it returned to the harbor, the captain was asked:
53. "How did the terrible storm of last night effect you?"
54. The captain looked at his superior officer with a surprise look on his face and said:
55. "What storm?”
56. “We did not know there was one!"
57. The submarine had been so far beneath the surface,...
58. that it had reached the area known to sailors as "the cushion of the sea."
59. Although the ocean was whipped into huge waves by high winds,...
60. the waters below were never stirred.
61. That is the kind of peace that the angels proclaimed on that first Christmas night.
62. That is the kind of peace that the Prince of Peace wants to give to you now.
63. That is the kind of peace that you can receive from His hand if you ask him for it today
64. You may have been resisting God's gentle voice of invitation to you.
65. He has been trying to speak to you;
66. Maybe through your parents...
67. Or through your children...
68. Or through your friends.
69. He has repeatedly invited you to come to Him.
70. He has been standing in the door of your life and knocking.
71. He has been longing for you to sign the peace treaty which He himself has already signed.
72. But you have been resisting!
73. You can take that step of faith and say, "Lord, during this Christmas season, I surrender.”
74. “I come to you.”
75. “You have come from heaven 2000 years ago for me...
76. now I come to you.”
77. There is nothing else you can do to bring about the peace in God,... and peace with God,...
78. and peace with your conscience.
79. Many years ago, I met a man in Australia.
80. His name was Colin.
81. His life from the outside seemed just fine.
82. But when he told me what was going on in his life,...
83. there was nothing short of turmoil, grief and pain.
84. He searched for peace in success in his job.
85. He searched for peace in his marriage.
86. He searched for peace in his social life.
87. But, he could not find it!
88. I shared with him the secret of peace... that is beyond comprehension.
89. I shared with him the peace that only the Prince of Peace can give him.
90. But, he did not respond.
91. He said: “That's too easy.”
92. “This is too simple.”
93. “Just inviting the Lord into my life will not give me the peace that I am searching for.”
94. But, he went to the church of his parents.
95. He joined that church and he became one of the busiest workers in that church.
96. But his inner turmoil was on the increase.
97. He thought that church and church activities would give him relief.
98. They did not.
99. He thought that religion could help him overcome his inner war.
1. It did not.
2. He thought that if he tried hard enough that he would alleviate his inner battles.
3. But it did not.
4. The only one who can do all of that is a person:
5. And that person's name is Jesus...
6. whose birth we celebrate during this season.
7. Will you invite Him to come into your troubled heart tonight?
8. Will you invite Him to come into your troubled life?
9. When my friend, Colin, finally began to read the Scripture,...
10. his eyes were opened to this profound truth of the birth of God in human flesh.
11. When Colin finally invited Jesus to come into his life,...
12. he received that peace which passes comprehension and which he so desperately longed for.
13. When Jesus comes into your life, He does several things.
14. He brings you peace with his Father, God the Creator of heaven and earth.
15. He brings you peace with your inner being.
16. He brings you peace with others.
17. There is something else that He brings you
18. Jesus did not leave His eternal throne in heaven and be born of a virgin just to bring us peace in this life.
19. By His coming into our world, Jesus gave us eternal peace,...
20. peace that goes on and on and on after our death.
21. This life, whether it be long or short,...
22. this life, whether it be comfortable or not,...
23. this life, whether it be in good health or not.
24. sooner or later we shall all die.
And as far as God is concerned:
25. none of us is good enough to get to heaven on our own merits.
26. You could bury your life in serving the poor.
27. But that will not get you to heaven.
28. God said you will not go to heaven on the basis of how good you are.
29. God said, you will not go to heaven on the basis of the good that you do.
31. Because we are born with sin.
32. We are born with the desire to do things our own way and not let God be in charge of our lives.
33. Only the giver of peace,...
34. only the Prince of Peace,...
35. only the Lord Jesus Christ,...
36. can make it possible for you and for me to get to heaven.
37. Only His goodness is good enough to get us into heaven.
38. You might ask “What about all these good people who do not believe in Jesus?”
39. That is not your problem.
40. That is God's problem.
41. Your response to God's invitation is your responsibility.
42. On the day of judgement God is going to ask you the question,
43. "What did you do with my son Jesus?"
44. “Did you come to Him?”
45. “Did you accept His invitation?”
46. “Did you invite Him into your life?”
47. For centuries, men and women gazed up in heaven and asked what is God like?
48. And on that first Christmas day God revealed what He is like.
49. There is a story about a little boy whose Father had been away at war for quite some time.
50. Finally, out of frustration he looked at a large framed portrait of his dad and said:
51. "Mom, I wish dad could just step out of the frame and walk into the room."
52. On that first Christmas day, God stepped out of the frame and walked into our world.
53. Do you want to know what God is like?
54. Look to Jesus.
55. Do you want to understand how God acts?
56. Look to Jesus.
57. Do you want to comprehend the character of God?
58. Look to Jesus.
59. Why is looking to Jesus most important?
60. Because God has made only one provision for you and for me to get to heaven.
61. And that is by accepting his son, the Lord Jesus Christ.
62. God has done His part.
63. God has fixed His signature to the peace treaty.
64. Will you fix your signature on that peace treaty tonight?
65. Will you say: “Yes, Lord Jesus,”
66. “I have ignored your invitation for far too long.”
67. “I have resisted you for too long.”
68. “I have rejected you for too long.”
69. "Today come to you... to surrender to you... and to receive you into my life."
70. “Today I come to receive your peace.”
71. until next time I wish you the peace of God