1. Hello, listening friends.
2. Welcome to this broadcast
3. We began in the last message, a new series of messages entitled, “The Blessings of Surrender”
4. Last time, I promised you that today I would tell you the three conditions under which you can receive the blessings of God.
5. But first, let’s take a closer look at the question Elisha asked the widow.
6. “What do you have in your house?”
7. Let me turn this question around and point it to you?
8. What do you have in your house?
9. Can you say, with confidence that, I have been empowered by the Holy Spirit of God?
10. Can you say, I live in the power of the spirit of God.
11. Can you say with confidence I walk in the power of the Holy Spirit of God?
12. Remember, in II Kings, the widow said, I have a jar of oil.
13. When Elisha heard that she had a jar of oil . . . here is what he said:
14. "Lady, you have everything."
15. There are so many Christians who have the Holy Spirit, but like this woman, they do not know the secret of His potential power.
16. They don't know the secret of His energy.
17. They live in ignorance of the secret of His majesty.
18. And when Elisha looked into the situation . . .
19. he immediately told her about the conditions under which this jar of oil would become a vital reality.
20. First, however, let's review the passage from II Kings, Chapter 4.
4:1 The wife of a man from the company of the prophets cried out to Elisha, "Your servant my husband is dead, and you know that he revered the LORD. But now his creditor is coming to take my two boys as his slaves."
2 Elisha replied to her, "How can I help you? Tell me, what do you have in your house?" "Your servant has nothing there at all," she said, "except a little oil."
3 Elisha said, "Go around and ask all your neighbors for empty jars. Don't ask for just a few.
4 Then go inside and shut the door behind you and your sons. Pour oil into all the jars, and as each is filled, put it to one side."
5 She left him and afterward shut the door behind her and her sons. They brought the jars to her and she kept pouring.
6 When all the jars were full, she said to her son, "Bring me another one." But he replied, "There is not a jar left." Then the oil stopped flowing.
7 She went and told the man of God, and he said, "Go, sell the oil and pay your debts. You and your sons can live on what is left."
(2 Kings 4:1 7 NIV)
21. After assessing the woman’s problem, Elisha immediately sets forth the conditions under which her jar of oil would become a reality.
22. The first condition was this:
23. Go, and get lots of empty jars.
24. In verse 3 he said,
25. "Go, borrow vessels, do not just get a few . . . "
26. What are the borrowed vessels?
27. They are the woman's capacity to receive.
28. The more vessels she has the more oil she will receive.
29. The more empty they are, the more full of oil they will become.
30. The moment she ran out of empty vessels the oil stopped flowing.
31. My listening friends, this is very important.
32. God will only bless you to the capacity that you make available to Him.
33. When you are filled with the spirit of bitterness . . . God's spirit will stop pouring.
34. When you are filled with a critical spirit . . . and a cantankerous spirit . . . God's spirit will stop pouring.
35. When you are filled with the spirit of me and mine . . . God's spirit will stop pouring.
36. When you are filled with the spirit of greed and covetousness . . . the spirit of God will stop pouring.
37. When you are filled with the spirit of vengeance . . . or gossip . . . or murmuring . . . God's spirit will stop pouring.
38. When you are filled with the spirit of lust and immorality . . . God's spirit will stop pouring.
39. For some of you the spirit of God has been stopped from pouring into your life long ago . . . and you may not even know it.
40. Some of you stopped becoming empty jars a long time ago . . . and you are spiritually as dry as a bone.
41. Some of you have given up receiving the daily pouring of the Holy spirit long ago . . .
42. yet you have been faking your spiritual walk because that is what you think is expected of you.
43. Today you must offer God an empty jar . . . if you want to be filled of His Holy Spirit.
44. Today you must borrow your full capacity of emptiness if you want God to bless you.
45. If you want to experience the inner filling of God's Holy Spirit again,
46. if you want the spirit of God to be poured into your life again . . .
47. then, you have to empty yourself now.
48. The first condition was gathering all the empty jars.
49. The second condition is found in verse 4.
50. "You shall shut the door behind you and your sons."
51. In Luke 11:13, Jesus said,
52. "If you then being evil know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him?"
53. God is far more anxious to pour His spirit of power . . .
54. God is far more anxious to pour His spirit of joy and peace . . .
55. God is far more anxious to put blessings into your life than you are willing to receive.
56. Get into your prayer closet and shut the door.
57. Shut the door of anxiety behind you.
58. Shut the door of fear behind you.
59. Shut the door of worldliness behind you.
60. Shut the door of legitimate and illegitimate disturbance behind you.
61. Shut the door of worldliness and worldly noise behind you.
62. Shut the door of your busy social life behind you.
63. And do business with God for He wants to give you more generously than you have been willing to receive.
64. There is a third condition found in this passage.
65. The third condition is the yielding spirit.
66. Think about it.
67. The woman has but a drop of oil and yet Elisha tells her to go out and borrow as many empty vessels as she can find.
68. It is unbelievable . . .
69. but all miracles are unbelievable . . .
70. Because she yielded and surrendered . . . the miracle happened.
71. God will do the same for us if we yield.
72. It is only when we are broken and feeling inadequate that God's work of pouring His blessings has just begun.
73. God cares whether you have yielded to Him or not
74. The way you respond to your own brokenness . . .
75. the way you respond to your feeling of inadequacy . . .
76. the way you surrender or do not surrender to God . . .
77. will determine whether you will be blessed or not.
78. The founder of a large Christian organization was once asked,
79. "What is the secret of your success?"
80. He said, "If there was a secret, it is this.
81. God has had all there was of me."
82. God had all that there was of me.
83. Let me tell you that the greatness of any man's power or any woman's power is the measure of his or her surrender and submission.
84. Once the oil was poured into the jars,
85. Elisha said,
86. "Go, sell your oil . . . pay your debt. . .and you and your sons live on the rest."
87. Do you want to be blessed of God?
88. Do you want to experience the power of God?
89. Then you must surrender your empty vessel to Christ
90. Write to me and tell me how you have surrendered to the Lord Jesus Christ
91. Until we meet again, I wish you God’s richest blessings