1. Hello listening friends.
2. Let us welcome you to this very last message on the series of messages entitled, the awesomeness of the grace of God.
3. It told you in the last message,
4. that there are three reasons as to why the throne judgment has become the throne of grace to those who love Jesus.
5. And I told you about the first one.
7. that God the Father is anxious to give gifts to his children who ask him.
8. The second reason as to why the throne of judgment has been turned into the throne of grace for those who love Jesus is this,
9. the Holy Spirit is our advocate.
10. He is our comforter.
11. He is our counselor.
12. And He is full of grace.
13. Why has the throne of judgment become the throne of grace to those who love Jesus?
14. Because our triune God is the God of all grace.
15. Because each member of the Godhead has a part in hearing and answering our prayers.
16. Because Jesus opened the door for us to receive the abundance of God’s awesome grace.
17. My listening friends,
18. this is very important.
19. I want to make sure that you understand this very clearly.
20. I want you to comprehend and absorb what it means to have and live with the awesomeness of the grace of God.
21. The grace of God is only possible,
22. when you come to His throne of Grace through Jesus Christ.
23. In the Old Testament,
24. the Ark of the Covenant,
25. was the sole piece of furniture that was kept in the Most Holy place of the Temple.
26. It was a box about 1 meter long,
27. and about 50 cm deep and high.
28. Its lid was pure gold.
29. And it was used to hold the stone tablets of the Law of Moses.
30. On top of the lid,
31. were 2 golden figures of Cherubim or angels who faced each other.
32. Symbolically speaking God was present between the Cherubim.
33. As God looked down on us from between the outstretched wings of the Cherubim.
34. He sees the law that He has given to Moses.
35. This is the Law that each one of us has broken.
36. That is why the lid of the Ark functioned as the judgment seat of God.
37. But the lid was not called “The Judgment Seat.”
38. It was called “The Mercy Seat.”
40. Because once a year on the Day of Atonement,
41. after the High Priest had sacrificed an animal,
42. for the sins of the people of Israel,
43. the Priest brought the blood of the slain animal,
44. and sprinkled it in the Most Holy place,
45. and he sprinkled it specifically on the Mercy Seat.
46. Why was he doing that?
47. And what happened the moment the blood was sprinkled?
48. Please listen very carefully.
49. At that very point when the blood was sprinkled,
50. but instead it became a picture of grace and mercy.
51. Only on that day the throne of judgment became the throne of grace.
53. Because the blood of an innocent sacrifice was slain for the sins of the people.
54. Here is what the writer to the Hebrews is telling us:
55. that when God the Son shed His own blood,
56. the most innocent blood of all,
57. not only did He do away with the animal sacrifice rituals,
58. but also when the great, high priest shed His own blood,
59. the throne of judgment permanently became the throne of grace to those who love Jesus.
60. Not just once a year,
61. not just for a certain period of time,
62. not just for a brief moment,
63. not just for Israel,
64. not just temporarily.
65. But Jesus unlike the other high priests did not atone for His own sin.
67. Because He had no sin.
68. Jesus, unlike the other high priests, permanently transformed the throne of Judgment into the throne of grace.
69. For whom?
70. To all who put their trust in Him.
71. That is why the writer to the Hebrews is saying,
72. to all of those who have put their trust in Jesus Christ,
73. to draw near with confidence.
74. What does that mean?
75. It means that if you try to come to the throne of grace on your own merits,
76. you cannot have confidence.
77. It means that if you try to come to the throne of grace based on how good you are,
78. the throne of Grace becomes a throne of terror and judgment for you.
79. But if you come trusting only on what Jesus did for you,
80. if you come confident only in Christ’s shedding of His blood for you,
81. then you will find grace in times of need.
82. My listening friends please listen carefully.
83. I want to ask you a question.
84. Are you distraught and fearful?
85. There is grace for you at the throne of grace.
86. Are you in need of wisdom and discernment?
87. There is grace for you at the throne of grace.
88. Are you discouraged and about to give up?
89. There is grace for you at the throne of grace.
90. Are you weak and defeated?
91. There is victory for you at the throne of grace.
92. Are you going through trials that are too hard to describe?
93. There is grace for you at the throne of grace.
94. Are you trying to fight temptation on your own strength and failing?
95. There is power in the blood at the throne of grace.
96. James said:
97. “You do not have because you don’t ask.
98. And when you ask you ask the wrong way,
99. and for the wrong things,
100. and with the wrong motives,
101. and that is why you don’t get.”
102. Let me illustrate this with a story.
103. An ancient legend tells of a monarch,
104. who hired some people to make some tapestries and garments for him.
105. Among them was a young boy who was especially skilled at weaving.
106. The king gave the silk and the patterns to the workers with the instructions,
107. that they should ask him for help immediately if any difficulty arose.
108. Now this particular boy made quiet and steady progress.
109. While the others were always distressed by their many failures.
110. One day all of the other tapestry makers gathered around the youngster and asked him:
111. “Why are you so happy and successful while we are always having trouble?
112. We find that either our silk becomes tangled or our weaving varies from the pattern.
113. There is always something going wrong!
114. But not the same for you.”
115. The lad thought for a minute and then he said:
116. “Don’t you remember the words of the King?
117. When he told us to go to him whenever we needed help?”
118. They said to the boy:
119. “Well, we finally asked for his assistance,
120. but by then things had become so snarled that it took us days to unravel our mistakes.”
121. The boy said:
122. “Did you notice how often I called for him?”
123. They said: “Yes,
124. but he was very busy and we thought you were very arrogant to keep on disturbing him.”
125. The boy said:
126. “Well I just took him at his word and he was always happy to help me.”
127. If one earthly king was happy to be taken at his word,
128. how much more is the King of the Universe happy to be taken at His Word?
129. I end this broadcast where I began.
130. The reason we do not go to the throne of grace always and often and regularly,
131. is because we do not comprehend the promised awesome power.
132. We do not understand the abundance of grace, that can pour out of the throne of grace when we come to it.
133. Let us then approach the throne of grace to help us in our time of need.
134. let me invite you to join with us in the throne of grace.
135. let me ask you to lift up your hearts to the Lord Jesus.
136. If you feel that you need the grace of God all you need to do is ask him,
137. and he will answer your prayer.
138. Let me pray on your behalf and with you.
139. Our heavenly Father,
140. you are an awesome God,
141. you are the God of the awesome grace,
142. and you are willing to give it to us when we ask for it,
143. forgive us when we do not ask for your grace,
144. forgive us for allowing our pride to dominate our lives,
145. forgive us for allowing our intellect to dominate our lives,
146. we have trusted in other things and other material possessions,
147. we have failed to trust in your promises,
148. oh, Lord, forgive us!
149. And give us your grace in abundance,
150. that we may serve you faithfully,
151. that we would not be ashamed on that last day.
152. But we could say with the apostle Paul,
153. when that day arrives,
154. I have fought the good fight,
155. And now I can receive the crown of glory,
156. And we ask all of this in Jesus’ name,