1. Hello listening friends.
2. Welcome again to this broadcast on the awesomeness of God’s grace.
3. In this broadcast and the next we are going to conclude this series of messages.
4. And I want to complete it with a very, very important subject.
5. But I want to begin by telling you a historical story.
6. Between 1889 and 1913,
7. there was an Emperor in Ethiopia by the name of Menelik II.
8. One day the Emperor was told about the new device used in the West to punish criminals.
9. This device was known as the electric chair.
10. The emperor immediately ordered one for his country.
11. There was a small problem.
12. No one ever bothered to tell the emperor that the electric chair would not work in Ethiopia in those days.
在那个时候 竟然 没有人告诉皇帝那电椅无法在埃塞俄比亚使用。
14. Simply because they had no electricity yet.
15. So after the chair arrived.
16. Emperor Menelik was determined that his new purchase would not go to waste.
17. So he converted the electric chair into a throne for the Emperor.
18. Thus converting the instrument of torture and death to a throne for the King.
19. Today as we draw to the end of our series on the Awesomeness of God.
20. I want to tell you about another throne that was converted from a throne of judgment to a throne of grace.
21. But this conversion was no accident.
22. This conversion was not by mistake.
23. This conversion was planned before the world began.
24. There is no denying that the vast majority of Christians develop a wonderful prayer life only when they are in trouble.
25. The vast majority of Christians become great prayer warriors only when they want something from God.
26. If you don’t believe me, visit any church in the world.
27. And compare the attendance of their prayer meeting to that of their Sunday morning meeting.
28. You will discover across the board that far less people go to prayer meetings than to Sunday services.
29. Or ask the average Christian.
30. How long do you spend in personal prayer time when everything is going well in your life?
31. You will be amazed with the answer.
32. Why is that?
33. There are several reasons.
34. One –
35. The enemy of our souls knows that prayer is the source of our spiritual power and strength.
36. And therefore Satan does all that is within his power to cut the source of our supply line.
37. Two –
38. One of the most significant reasons for not praying when things are going well is the following:
39. we do not really comprehend the awesome privilege of praying.
40. We do not understand the unbelievable provisions that God made possible for us in prayer.
41. We do not understand the secret of power that God planned for us only in prayer.
42. We do not appreciate the power of connected-ness with the Almighty in prayer.
43. But there is a 3rd reason as to why we don’t pray when things are going well with us.
44. And that is pride.
45. Our pride gets in the way.
46. Our pride tells us that we can solve any problem.
47. Our pride tells us that all things could be achieved through hard work.
48. Our pride tells us that you can accomplish anything that you set your mind to.
49. Our pride tells us that if we spend enough time, energy and use of logic, we can do anything.
50. Some Christians think the same way.
51. It is no wonder that we are in such a desperate spiritual trouble in the world.
52. To begin to comprehend the assurance of the grace of God in prayer,
53. turn with me to Hebrews chapter 4 verse 16.
54. Listen to what the Scripture said.
55. Hebrews chapter 4 verse 16,
56. is an invitation to all of those who love Jesus to come and see the awesomeness of the power of the His grace.
57. Hebrews 4:16,
58. is an invitation to come to the throne of grace.
59. In fact, to comprehend Hebrews 4:16,
60. we need to read the entire chapter.
61. Let’s read it.
62. Today I want to tell you about the grace of God that can only be found at the throne of grace.
63. When the Bible speaks of the throne of God.
64. It does not mean that God is not an old man sitting on a big throne.
65. This is a figure of speech describing the awesome power of God.
66. This is a figure of speech describing the awesomeness of the sovereignty of God.
67. How does the Bible describe the throne of God?
68. It describes the throne of God as a throne of judgment.
69. It speaks of a throne as a seat of judgment.
70. It speaks of a throne of condemnation.
71. John, the revelator in Revelations 20 verse 11-12 tells us:
72. “And I saw a great white throne, and Him who sat upon it. And I saw the dead, great and small standing before the throne and books were opened.”
73. The books are the documentation and evidence that is brought against those who are to be judged.
74. That is a dreadful scene that unbelievers, rightfully, should fear.
75. But let’s go back to Hebrews 4:16,
76. the Holy Spirit tells us.
77. To those who love Jesus,
78. the throne of judgment has become the throne of grace.
79. To those who love Jesus,
80. the throne of condemnation has become the throne of mercy.
81. When Isaiah saw the throne of God,
82. he could only say, “Woe to me, I am ruined.”
83. But in Hebrews 4:16,
84. the Holy Spirit tells us,
85. that that same throne to those of us who love Jesus has become a throne of grace.
86. A throne of unmerited favor and kindness.
87. A throne of undeserved blessings.
88. A throne of unlimited forgiveness.
89. A throne of untold power and strength.
90. Why has this throne of judgment become a throne of grace to us?
91. There are 3 reasons.
93. Because Jesus told us in Matthew 7:9-11,
94. that God the father is anxious to give gifts to His children who ask Him.
95. So why has the throne of judgment become a throne of grace?
96. Because God the Son who sits on the right side of that throne.
97. God the Son who is our great, high priest,
98. told us that: as our great, high priest, He understands us.
99. As our great, high priest, He sympathizes with us.
100. As our great, high priest, He knows our weaknesses.
101. As our great, high priest, He is waiting for us to come to the throne of Grace.
102. Not for condemnation but for a blessing.
103. As our great, high priest, He is waiting for us to come to the throne of grace,
104. in order to give us power over temptation.
105. As our great, high priest, He is waiting for us,
106. in order that we may have victory over the trials of life.
107. And I want to tell you two more things,
108. but our time is running out.
109. And tune in next time for the conclusion of messages,
110. because I want to tell you two very important reasons why the throne of judgment has become the throne of grace.
111. until then, I wish you God’s richest blessing.