1. Hello listening friends, we are delighted that you were able to join us once more.
2. We have been talking about the cross of the Lord Jesus Christ.
3. And we’re going to continue to talk about the cross of Jesus Christ.
4. But I want to begin by telling you that debt is an acute problem worldwide.
5. Not only countries are in debt but also individuals are in debt.
6. Many people live in debtor’s prison which they have created for themselves.
7. Debt produces misery, stress, and worry.
8. Debt is a cancer that can destroy marriages and murder friendships and take away the joy.
9. Listen to what Proverbs 27: 7 says about debt.
10. The borrower is a servant to the lender.
11. And the root cause of debt problem is found in Luke 12:15.
12. Jesus said, watch out, be on your guard against all kind of greed a man’s life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions.
13. In the world there are basically three categories of people.
14. There are people who have things.
15. And people who do not have anything.
16. And those who have not paid for what they have.
17. But because of the worldwide debt many children are born today with a debt hanging around their necks.
18. Americas national debt for example is estimated at $20,000.00 for every child that is born.
19. But I want to talk to you today about another type of debt that each child in the world is born with.
20. Every child that is born into the world has a spiritual price tag of debt hanging around his or her neck.
21. And that tag says, sinner by birth.
22. Later in life the tag reads, sinner by practice.
23. I hear somebody saying, that is not fair.
24. Our first parents sin and we inherited their sin, that is not fair.
25. It is not any more or less fair than the next generation owe national debt of the previous generation.
26. At least God has provided a way for our eternal debt to be paid.
27. The Bible teaches that each precious, cute, beautiful baby is born in sin.
28. Every one of us is born with their backs to God.
29. Every one of us is born with an eternal debt that we cannot pay.
30. Please listen to me my listening friends.
31. The Bible says that the wages of sin is death.
32. And that price could never be paid.
33. It can never be paid by our good works.
34. It could never be paid by our conduct.
35. It could never be paid by our good efforts.
36. It could never be paid by our good education.
37. It could never be paid by our good behavior.
38. Oh, but if it would stop here, it would be a miserable and bleak picture.
39. But thanks be to God that he has provided the only way for payment of that eternal debt.
40. The only way for deliverance from the eternal debt which leads to eternal death is for God himself to serve the sentence.
41. The only way for me to escape from my share of the condemnation was for God the Son to bear up the condemnation on the cross.
42. We saw in the last message that the idea of substitutionary sacrifice was God’s idea.
43. God’s substitutionary sacrifice began after Adam and Eve rebelled against him.
44. And God had to shed the blood of an innocent lamb in order to make a temporary covering for their sin.
45. Adam and Eve have taught that revelation to their descendants.
46. Then at the day God delivered Israel from bondage he reinforced this concept by shedding of innocent blood as a substitution for their rebellion and disobedience.
47. Yet all of this was only foreshadowing of the cross of Christ.
48. All of this was only the prefiguring of the cross of Christ.
49. All of this was only a symbol of the real thing which took place on the cross of Calvary.