1. Hello, listening friends.
2. Welcome to this last broadcast in our series of messages entitled, “Standing Firm in a World of Shifting Sands.”
3. We are very glad that you’ve joined us today,
4. because we’re going to talk about a very serious misconception that is prevalent in our time.
5. Angels have always been very popular in different cultures.
6. Many people don’t even believe in a personal God, and yet they believe in angels;
7. and that is strange, because angels are the servants of God.
8. Some people today have chosen even to worship angels.
9. Angels are treated by some as personal gods.
10. They pray to angels and ask angels to do things for them.
11. They specifically pray for the angels to guard them.
12. This would be like a person who receives a personal invitation to eat dinner with the president of the country,
13. but, when the person gets to the gate of the mansion, instead of going in, he decides to stay at the gate with the guard and refuses to go in to see the president.
14. For one thing, the guard will refuse to talk to you.
15. He takes his orders from the president.
16. You ask him for something, but he ignores you because he only does what his boss tells him to do.
17. You say, “There is something wrong with this picture,
18. not to mention the insult to the president.”
19. Those who worship angels are insulting the Lord of the angels;
20. and that is why it is of uttermost importance to understand the actual role of angels in the Bible.
21. Hebrews, Chapter 1, verse 14, tells us that angels minister to the heirs of salvation.
22. In other words, angels serve the believers at God’s command;
23. so, if you don’t know the Lord of the angels, the angels will not help you, no matter what.
24. The Bible gives us a clear picture of the role of angels, both in Heaven and on Earth.
25. In Heaven, they are serving and worshipping and praising God.
26. They are forever extolling the majesty of God.
27. On Earth, they are executing God’s purpose.
28. They are ministering to the believers.
29. They are protecting the believers.
30. They even rule nations;
31. and we see this clearly in Daniel, Chapter 12.
32. The Prophet, Daniel, is now about 86 or 87 years old.
33. At the age of 14, he stood firm for God;
34. and, at the age of 86, he stands firm for God.
35. He stood firm in spite of threats.
36. He stood firm in the face of persecution.
37. He slept on hungry lions and lived to tell about it.
38. All of these things failed to break Daniel's spirit.
39. In the last message, we saw the pre-incarnate Christ appearing to Daniel.
40. The pre-incarnate Christ gave him a vision of the milestones of history that had yet to come.
41. All of this was assuring to Daniel, and to us, that Heaven always directs what happens on Earth.
42. Heaven is always in ultimate control of what happens on Earth;
43. and, here, in Daniel, Chapter 12, we see that God uses His angels to administer His purpose on Earth.
44. Even in the most distressing times that the world has ever known,
45. the archangel, Michael, will stand up to protect God’s people.
46. The archangel, Michael, will deliver God’s people.
47. The archangel, Michael, will make sure that no one whose name is written in the Book of Life will ever be lost;
48. and, in verse 1 of Daniel, Chapter 12, it says, “Everyone whose name is written in the Book of Life shall be delivered.”
49. Michael, whose name means “Who is like God!” was already mentioned in Daniel 10:13 and 21.
50. He is one of the chief princes.
51. What does that mean?
52. It means that he stands guard, protecting God’s own children.
53. Gabriel, for example, is God’s personal messenger.
54. He came to Daniel to announce the future.
55. He announced the birth of Christ to Mary and Joseph and the shepherds;
56. but Michael is the only angel who is named “archangel.”
57. Why, do you think?
58. Because he is more than a messenger. He is the chief warrior.
59. Specifically, the Epistle to Jude, verse 9, tells us that Michael is the one who contends with the devil.
60. Michael is the celestial military general who commands billions of angelic hosts;
61. and his primary task is to defeat the devil and his demons.
62. The task of Michael and his hosts is to defeat Satan on behalf of the believers here and now;
63. and it also will be Michael’s task, ultimately, to throw Satan in the Lake of Fire.
64. According to 1 Thessalonians 4:16,
65. immediately before the return of Christ, we will hear the voice of the archangels.
66. The Bible tells us that there are different ranks among the angelic beings.
67. There are the archangels,
75. and dominions.
76. These are all ranks of the untold numbers of angels.
77. That means that their numbers could be in the trillions;
78. and here’s the good news that I always remind myself of.
79. When the Bible said that Satan, who was Lucifer, the angel of light, rebelled against God,
80. Satan persuaded a third of the angelic beings to join in his mutiny;
81. and Lucifer and a third of the angelic beings were thrown out of Heaven;
82. and they are, now, Satan and his angels, or demons.
83. So what is the good news?
84. The good news is that, for every demon that harasses the believer,
85. there are two angels fighting for, and on behalf of, the believer.
86. There are two things that I want to bring to your attention from this last Chapter of the Book of Daniel.
87. The first is that God’s angels will protect His people in this life.
88. We’ll see that in verses 1 to 4.
89. Secondly, God’s angels will bring His people safely home to glory;
90. and we see this in verses 5 to 13 of Daniel 12.
91. Let’s look first at verses 1 to 4 to see how God’s angels will protect God’s children in this life.
92. What the pre-incarnate Christ wanted Daniel to know was fully revealed 600 years later.
93. It was revealed through the Lord Jesus Christ in the New Testament.
94. Remember that the time of Daniel was over 600 years before the full revelation of God in Christ.
95. God was saying to Daniel that He uses heavenly beings to protect His own.
96. Throughout the New Testament, in which God became man,
97. Jesus told us again and again that those who belonged to Him shall be protected to the end.
98. The Apostle Paul echoes the words of the Lord Jesus Christ and said, “What shall separate us from the love of God?”
99. and, after he lists a number of possibilities, such as persecution and famine and so on,
1. Paul concludes confidently that nothing shall separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus.
2. More than 600 years before the coming of Christ, the pre-incarnate Christ told Daniel that everyone whose name is written in the Book of Life shall be protected.
3. Six hundred years later, Jesus said, in Luke 10:20, “Rejoice that your names are written in the Book of Life.”
4. My listening friend, you can be sure of this:
5. when the end of the world comes,
6. when the end of your life comes,
7. the most important thing for you is having your name written in the Book of Life.
8. It is exceedingly more important than your reputation in society here and now.
9. It is exceedingly more important than your achievements and your accomplishment in this life.
10. It is exceedingly more important than your education and your degrees.
11. It is exceedingly more important than your possessions and your wealth that you have here now.
12. Why do I say this?
13. Because all of these things will be destroyed.
14. None of these things will benefit you.
15. What will matter then is whether your name is written in the Book of Life or not;
16. and the only way for you to be sure that your name is written in the Book of Life is when you trust in Jesus Christ as your only Savior and Lord,
17. because the Word of God makes it very clear that those whose names are written in the Book of Life shall be guarded and protected in this life by the warring angels;
18. and those angels are under the leadership of Michael.
19. Many people try to destroy the believers, but they failed.
20. The untold pressures of the world, the flesh, and the devil will try to destroy the believers, but these pressures will all fail.
21. An increase in knowledge in the world will try to distract the believers, but they too will fail.
22. God’s angels will protect those whose names are written in the Book of Life in this life;
23. and, secondly, God’s angels will protect His people in the life to come.
24. In Daniel 12:9, God was saying to Daniel that it is not up to him to know God’s timing.
25. God said, “Go your way,” or, “Mind your own business,”
26. or, “Don’t trouble yourself about these things,”
27. or, “Just trust God about all these things.”
28. The end time is only known to the Father.
29. When Daniel, the great man of God, wanted to know more,
30. the pre-incarnate Christ said, “It is not necessary for you to know all the details of God’s timing.”
31. In fact, verse 10 of Chapter 12 makes it very clear that man, with all of his wisdom, will not understand God’s ways.
32. In contrast,
33. of all the apparent confusion and contradiction of history, the wise are those whose names are written in the Book of Life.
34. The wise are those who fear the Lord.
35. The wise are under God’s cover of protection in this life and in the life to come.
36. In verse 12 of Chapter 12, He is saying that, for sure, there will be a period of time that will pass before the end will come.
37. The point is this, my listening friend:
38. only God controls the times and the seasons.
39. Only God can change the times and the seasons.
40. Only God knows who, what and when;
41. and God is saying, “Daniel, you go on trusting in God’s power to protect you and all of God’s people.
42. You go on placing your confidence in the God who will never leave you, nor forsake you.
43. You trust that He who began a good work in you is able to bring it to completion.
44. You keep on trusting that God’s angels will protect you and God’s people in this life, and also will take you all the way to glory.
45. Daniel, remember that the very angels who came down to zip the lion’s mouth for you will carry you to glory on the last day.”
46. Until next time, I wish you God’s richest blessing.