1. Hello, listening friends, and welcome to this broadcast;
2. and, today, we’ll continue by looking at Chapter 2 of the Book of Daniel;
3. but I want to begin by telling you a fact.
4. Just about every one of us has some insecurities.
5. Whatever your sense of insecurities may be, listen carefully.
6. The question is, what do we do with our insecurities?
7. Acknowledging our insecurities is 90 percent of the cure,
8. because if you don’t know how to deal with your insecurities, they will hurt you.
9. If you don’t know how to bring your insecurities into subjugation to Christ, then you will be a slave to your insecurities.
10. In Daniel, Chapter 2,
11. we find a man who was the most powerful man in the world at that time,
12. and, yet, this man could not sleep at night because of insecurity and fear.
13. He was tormented by his insecurities.
14. He was haunted by his anxiety.
15. This moment began in his second year on the throne, and it went on year after year
16. until it drove him to rage and anger and near insanity;
17. and there are three things, here, in Daniel, Chapter 2, that I want to share with you.
18. First, in verses 1 to 14, you find the fear of the godless.
19. Secondly, in verses 14 to 30, you find the faith of the godly;
20. and, thirdly, in verses 31 to 45, you find the fortitude of God’s Kingdom;
21. but, because of the narrowness of time, we’re only going to read 18 verses;
22. and, now, let’s read from the Book of Daniel, Chapter 2, verses 1 to 18.
23. Daniel 2: 1-18.
24. Did you hear the fear of the godless in verses 1 to 18?
25. In the last message, we left Daniel and his friends graduating from the King’s college with top honors;
26. and they got some of the top jobs in the palace.
27. While Daniel and his three friends were going through Nebuchadnezzar’s college,
28. the King was being tormented by a recurring nightmare.
29. He brings his wise men and counselors and says to them, “If you will not tell me my dream and interpret it, I will chop your heads off.”
30. This, of course, included Daniel and his three friends.
31. You may have a hostile boss at work,
32. or a hostile family member.
33. You need to remember this:
34. they are hostile toward you because they have no peace in their lives,
35. and that lack of peace is expressed in hostility at those who do live in peace.
36. Secondly, we see the faith of the godly in verses 14 to 30.
37. Daniel, who had been spending time with God,
38. Daniel went home and called a prayer meeting with his three friends, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah.
39. In verses 20 and 21, after a powerful prayer meeting,
40. listen to what Daniel said.
41. Daniel 2: 20-21.
42. My listening friend, listen carefully as I tell you this fact.
43. Nothing can give you power and strength in your life like spending time with God;
44. and Daniel comes out of a prayer meeting and says, “Where is the King? Show me the King’s chambers!”
45. While others were hiding from the king, shaking in their boots, writing their last will and testament, Daniel was saying, “Show me the way to Nebuchadnezzar.”
46. The palace chief of staff saw Daniel, clothed with power and ready to go.
47. My listening friend, when you have God’s favor and power, everyone wants to be associated with you;
48. and, so, we saw first, the fear of the godless.
49. Secondly, we saw the faith of the godly.
50. Thirdly, let’s look at the fortitude of God’s Kingdom
51. in verses 31 to 45.
52. What was Nebuchadnezzar’s dream that Daniel supernaturally, not only knew, but also interpreted?
53. Daniel told the King about the fear that had been troubling him.
54. Daniel told him, “God gave you this dream in order to show you that He is the One who is in control of history...”
55. and so the dream was that of a giant statue.
56. You can see that in Daniel, Chapter 2, beginning at verse 31.
57. Now, this statue represented over 600 years of history.
58. Let’s look at the statue in the dream.
59. The statue’s head was made of gold. That is the Babylonian Empire;
60. but, by the year 539 BC, the Babylonian Empire will be absorbed by the Medo-Persian Empire.
61. The Medo-Persian Empire is the chest and the arms of the statue, represented by silver.
62. By the year 331 BC, Alexander the Great would rise to power, and his empire is the belly and the thighs of the statue.
63. The Greeks would rule the world for about a 180 years, which is symbolized by bronze.
64. The Greek Empire will give way to the Roman Empire.
65. The Roman Empire is the legs and the feet, which are a mixture of clay and iron;
66. but iron and clay will not mix very well,
67. so, when the Stone that is cut without hands hit it, the whole statue crumbles.
68. My listening friend, this is the most important part of the whole dream.
69. What is that Stone that is not cut with hands?
70. This Stone smashes the feet, which causes the entire statue to collapse and be reduced to powder.
71. The wind blows it away, and, very soon, there will be no sign that the statue ever existed.
72. At this point, the small Stone that is not cut with hands becomes a Boulder.
73. It becomes higher than the highest mountain;
74. and, finally, It fills the whole world.
75. Do you want to know what this Stone is?
76. Let me urge you to read verse 44 of Daniel, Chapter 2,
77. because the Stone that is not cut by hands is no other than the Lord Jesus Christ.
78. He will not be born by the will of man or by the seed of man
79. and that’s what it means that this stone is not cut with hands;
80. but, by the divine will of God, He will be born of a virgin.
81. In the beginning, He looks obscure and insignificant.
82. He will be despised and rejected.
83. This Stone is a Nobody in comparison to mighty Caesar;
84. but His Kingdom and His rule will be in the hearts of men and women and will grow and grow and grow -
85. first, as a persecuted religious cult in the Roman Empire;
86. then, it will grow to take over the Roman Empire;
87. then, it will grow to take over the hearts of men and women, boys and girls,
88. from every nation, from every tribe, from every tongue, from every class of people,
89. until, one day, when He will come back and take over the whole universe;
90. and Daniel was saying, in effect, “Nebuchadnezzar, let me tell you a few things about the Kingdom that is coming 600 years after your time.”
91. That Kingdom is going to be God’s Kingdom, not man’s kingdom.
92. The gates of Hell will not overcome it.
93. That Kingdom will eternally endure.
94. That Kingdom will stand forever.
95. While the other kingdoms become dead history,
96. that Kingdom will be a universal Kingdom.
97. That Kingdom will have no geographical boundaries;
98. but here is the most important question that I can ask you, my listening friend:
99. are you a member of that Kingdom?
100. Is the rule of God in your heart?
101. Is Jesus the King of your life?
1. If not, He can be today.
2. Come to Him.
3. On His door, there is a sign that reads, “No applicant will be rejected.”
4. God’s Word is true and every word of Daniel’s prophecy came to pass;
5. and, in the same way, the Lord Jesus told us that He is coming back to take His believers with Him, and they will rule the universe.
6. Here is another prophecy that will come to pass soon.
7. When the Lord Jesus Christ comes back, those who believe in Him will receive eternal life;
8. and those who do not accept Him will receive eternal judgment;
9. and, my friend, make no mistake about it. That prophecy will be meticulously fulfilled.
10. God will always prevail against the opposition.
11. He is the Cornerstone that was rejected by the builders;
12. but everyone who rejects Him will be crushed on that Stone.
13. A wise builder of a family builds his family on the Cornerstone, Jesus Christ.
14. A wise builder of a business builds his business on the Cornerstone, Jesus Christ.
15. A wise builder of a life builds that life on the Cornerstone, Jesus Christ;
16. and those who have built their lives on the Cornerstone, Jesus Christ, have no need to fear the future.
17. They have no need to fear world events.
18. They have no need to fear anything at all,
19. because, sooner or later, we will see the fulfillment of the prophecy of Him who said, “Every knee shall bow
20. and every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father.”
21. No wonder even ruthless Nebuchadnezzar fell down on his face before this great and mighty Lord.
22. I hope that you, too, will fall on your face and worship Jesus Christ;
23. then, join us next time as we continue with this series of messages.
24. Until then, I wish you God’s richest blessing.