1. Hello, listening friends.
2. We welcome you to this last broadcast on the series of messages entitled “Empowered by Praise.”
3. And I want to begin by saying that I am sure nobody enjoys coming under conviction of sin.
4. Specially a sin that we don’t want to give up.
5. Now, if you are anything like me,
6. you internally fight that conviction.
7. You try to justify that sin.
8. And you keep on doing this until you surrender,
9. or pay the consequences, and then surrender.
10. One way or the other you will surrender if you are a child of God,
11. because God always wins.
12. I want to tell you a few things about money.
13. Money is minted personality.
14. It is the distillation of your time, energy and labor.
15. Money is not just something you give,
16. it represents the way you spend your life.
17. Money therefore is giving yourself back to God.
18. You cannot put yourself in the offering plate.
19. But when you put your minted personality in the offering plate,
20. it is going places where people are coming to know Jesus Christ.
21. And today, I want to tell you that praise giving and money giving are Siamese twins of praising lifestyle.
22. Why do I say this?
23. Because praising God with your lips and your pocketbook are inseparable.
24. Praising God only with your mouth is hollow.
25. Unless it is accompanied by giving up what you value so much.
26. King David the songwriter knew how to praise God.
27. But David did not praise God just in words,
28. but he praised him with his substance,
29. and he gave his all for the building of the temple.
30. Today it would be equivalent to half a billion dollars.
31. What was David’s motivation?
32. In 1 Chronicles 29:3-4 he tells us,
33. “It is a matter of personal devotion to God.”
34. For David, singing praises to the Lord was not just mere words,
35. but they were backed up with sacrificial giving.
36. Listen to what he said beginning in verse 14 of 1 Chronicles 29,
37. “Everything comes from you, and we have given you only what comes from your hand.
38. We were aliens and strangers in your sight, as were all our fathers.
39. Our days on earth are like a shadow without hope.
40. Oh, Our God, as for all this abundance we have provided for the temple for your holy name, it comes from your hand.
41. And all of it belongs to you.
42. I know my God that you test the heart,
43. and are pleased with integrity.”
44. Now my friend, integrity here means the heart and the mouth are in sync.
45. And then David continues,
46. “All these things have I given willingly and with honest intent.
47. And now I have seen with joy how willingly your people who are here have given to you.
48. Oh Lord God of our fathers Abraham, Isaac and Jacob,
49. keep this desire in the hearts of your people forever.
50. And keep their hearts loyal to you.”
51. What is David saying here?
52. David is saying that your loyalty to God takes place in words and action.
53. The same principle is in 1 Corinthians Chapter 15.
54. There Paul talks about the resurrection and heaven.
55. And in Chapter 16, verse 1, he said the following,
56. “Now concerning the collection.”
57. You may ask, “what does heaven have to do with money.”
58. Paul is saying exactly what the Old Testament is saying,
59. that heaven and giving are intertwined.
60. He is saying that you cannot rejoice about the resurrection of your body,
61. when you give very little to the one who gave you everything.
62. Why is there such an inexorable link between praise and giving?
63. I have three reasons.
65. giving is proof that you believe God owns everything.
66. And if you believe that God owns everything,
67. how much of what God owns has He gotten back from you?
68. The more you give to God,
69. the more proof that you really believe that everything you have belongs to God.
70. If a person is a taker and not a giver,
71. that person believes everything he has belongs to him and not to God.
72. If you get angry when God brings you under conviction about giving;
73. if you give only when you are pressured,
74. chances are you really do not believe that God owns everything.
75. The truth is everything you have is God lending it to you.
76. And he watches how you manage it.
77. If you don’t give,
78. then he will not bless you.
79. Giving is not only proof that you believe that God owns everything,
80. but secondly,
81. giving is a seed for further blessing.
82. Beginning in Genesis 8,
83. God is the one who started the principle of sowing and reaping.
84. And in 2 Corinthians chapter 9, verses 6 & 8,
85. The apostle Paul confirms this biblical principle.
86. He said, “Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly.
87. And whoever sows generously, will also reap generously.”
88. But listen to the rest of the passage,
89. “God is able to make all grace abound to you.”
90. So that is all things,
91. and all times,
92. having all that you need,
93. you will abound in generosity.
94. I don’t want you to miss this.
95. God’s desire for you, his child, is to abound in all things.
96. Not just material things,
97. but everything.
98. He wants you to abound in wisdom.
99. He wants you to abound in knowledge.
1. He wants you to abound in grace,
2. and in love and mercy.
3. He wants you to abound in everything.
4. But you are the only one who can block God’s desire for you.
5. An Oriental legend goes something like this,
6. a potato farmer decided to eat all the big potatoes,
7. and use the small ones for seed.
8. After a few years, potatoes were smaller than marbles.
9. What you sow is what you reap.
10. Consecrated praise and devoted giving go together,
11. because together they are going to place you under God’s shower in the sky.
12. Giving and praising acknowledge God’s ownership.
13. Giving and praising is the seed for further blessing.
14. Then the third thing is that giving feeds praising,
15. and praising feeds giving,
16. and they also encourage others to do the same.
17. It is contagious.
18. And God is calling every one of us to do more,
19. because there are yet many territories of Satan that need to be conquered for Jesus Christ.
20. There are many more souls to be won.
21. When David gave so generously to the building of the temple,
22. others were motivated to give.
23. When the Macedonians out of desperate need generously gave,
24. the Corinthians were motivated to give.
25. Just think of the impact each one of us can have.
26. Our praise and our giving are the greatest impetus to change your world.
27. But if you have never committed your life to Jesus Christ,
28. if you have never received the gift of salvation and eternal life,
29. this message is premature for you,
30. because God wants you before He wants what’s yours.
31. And my prayer today if anyone listening to me,
32. had never committed his life to Jesus Christ,
33. and have not received the greatest gift of all, the gift of eternal life,
34. that you would do that today.
35. Let me lead you in this simple prayer,
36. Lord Jesus Christ,
37. I acknowledge that I am a sinner by birth,
38. and I am a sinner by practice,
39. and I cannot save myself.
40. I believe that you died on the cross for my sin.
41. Come into my life.
42. I give you my life.
43. In your name Jesus.