1. Hello, listening friends, and welcome to this broadcast.
2. If you are listening to us for the first time,
3. we recently began a series entitled, Empowered by Praise.
4. Last time, we learnt that praise reestablishes God’s reign over our hearts.
5. We have learnt that praise reinforces our relationship with God.
6. We also established that the secret to joy and fulfillment in life,
7. is to be able always to praise the Lord.
8. We all understand that having connection with powerful people gets things done.
9. Connection with powerful people means it is not what you know, but who you know.
10. Connection with a powerful person can get things done.
11. Connection with a powerful person can get you to places that you can never get to by yourself.
12. Today, I want to tell you about the importance of both, who you know and what you know.
13. Today, I want to tell you about the ultimate connection.
14. Today, I want you to know how to develop the best connection with the most powerful person in the universe.
15. Today, I’m going to show you how to connect with the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords.
16. This connection will literally cause people to see that you have great power.
17. Greater joy than anyone can imagine.
18. Greater peace than anyone can perceive.
19. People literally will be asking,
20. what is it that has transformed your life?
21. Who is it that makes your countenance glow?
22. Who is it that gives you such joy in the midst of your tough circumstances?
23. Who is it who makes you contented in spite of your difficulties?
24. I’m going to tell you all about this unique power, today.
25. What is that greatest connection in the world?
26. It is developing a life of praise.
27. I’m not talking about a few seconds of the day or a few minutes of the day,
28. I am talking about a whole life of praise.
29. Why do I say that?
30. Please listen to me very carefully.
31. Because praise is the one thing you do that lines you up with the angels of heaven.
32. Praise is the one thing that you do that puts you in agreement with what’s going on full time in heaven.
33. Praise is the one thing you do here on earth that is in full agreement with the will of heaven.
34. Revelation chapter 5 verse 12 tells us,
35. that those in heaven are constantly praising God and saying,
36. “Worthy is the Lamb who was slain to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise.”
37. The angels of God; the saints who have God before us,
38. and all the created things, are praising God in heaven.
39. And when you and I begin to develop the life of praise,
40. we will line up with the will of heaven.
41. When you and I die,
42. our bodies are going to be buried.
43. But our praises will not.
44. Our praises will continue in heaven because our praises will never die.
45. Now I want you to ask yourself two questions.
46. Do I have a praising life?
47. And the second question is this.
48. If you don’t have praising life, how are you going to spend eternity praising God?
49. Ask yourself these two questions.
50. Because if your life does not consist of constant praise,
51. something is wrong with your salvation.
52. It may be because you do not know the Lord Jesus Christ as your Savior.
53. Oh yes, you might be a religious person,
54. but you do not know the Lord Jesus Christ,
55. because to know him is to love him,
56. and to love him is to praise him.
57. Don’t let those questions pass you by.
58. If you are not delighted in the praises of God here on earth,
59. how will you be delighted in praising him full time in heaven?
60. Now I’m here to tell you that praise demands change.
61. In fact, praise itself causes change in our lives.
62. Now I know that change is not easy.
63. I know that some of you have a hard time bringing change into your life.
64. Most people don’t want change.
65. Most people don’t want to be confused with the facts,
66. because their mind is already made up by what they were taught.
67. Most people prefer to stay in their comfort zones.
68. But I hope that you are going to listen to me not just with your ears,
69. But with your heart and your mind,
70. because I’m going to help you to change,
71. not by persuading you or your emotions,
72. but by showing you the facts.
73. With the power of God the Holy Spirit, you will be a changed person this day.
74. In fact, I was thinking about change and I read this week a story about a woman.
75. She had perfected hypochondria to a fine art.
76. Now hypochondria is when you are really well, but you think you are sick.
77. Two of this lady’s dearest friends tried everything to lift her spirits, but nothing worked.
78. They tried to encourage her. It didn’t work.
79. They tried to help her to change her attitude. It didn’t work.
80. But didn’t the doctor give her a new medicine?
81. And her friend answered, “Oh yes. He did.”
82. “Well, has she taken it?”
83. She said, “Oh, no. She’s afraid it might work.”
84. Now I understand that change is not easy.
85. But here’s the good news.
86. Praise does work.
87. But you have to try it.
88. You have to practice it.
89. You have to exercise it.
90. You have to get into it.
91. You have to begin by a decision of your will and your mind that you will be a praising Christian.
92. Praise will change you for good.
93. Praise will change your life and your attitude.
94. Praise will change your relationship and your perceptions.
95. Praise will even change your sensitivities and your desires.
96. You may be asking, “How can praise change my attitude?”
97. Listen carefully to what I’m going to tell you.
98. Some people naturally are pleasant people.
99. They have naturally what others work hard at.
1. But there are very, very few of them.
2. Most people have a selfish and self-centered attitude.
3. And I want to tell you that attitude makes all the difference in the world.
4. Your attitude can influence other people.
5. So how can praise change your attitude then?
6. How can praise change your temperament?
7. How can praise fill you with joy all the time?
8. I’m going to show you how.
9. Last time, I showed you the importance of praise.
10. In these coming series of messages, I’m going to show you how praise can change you.
11. When you take time to praise the Lord,
12. you’re going to find it nearly impossible to harbor anger.
13. You will find it nearly impossible to harbor bitterness and resentment and hatred toward others.
14. Let me explain this.
15. When you develop the life of praise,
16. you will have a positive attitude toward God.
17. And when you have a positive attitude toward God,
18. you will not be able to continue to have a negative attitude toward people.
19. When you have a joyful attitude toward God,
20. You will soon discover that your negative spirit toward others and your positive spirit toward the Lord cannot possibly dwell together.
21. When you begin to praise the Lord,
22. The two opposite attitudes cannot coexist.
23. You cannot persist in praise without your negative spirit giving way to the positive Holy Spirit.
25. The secret lies in two scriptures.
26. And I want to tell you all about them in our next broadcast.
27. But I want you to read ahead.
28. I want you to prepare your mind for something that will change your life.
29. I want you to read Isaiah 61,
30. And I want you to read the Gospel of Luke, chapter 4.
31. And as you read ahead,
32. And prepare your heart,
33. I want you to be prepared to change your attitude.
34. And that will change your life.
35. Until we meet again I wish you God’s riches blessing.