1. Hello, listening friends.
2. We are delighted that you joined us in this very special time of the year
3. The whole world is celebrating Christmas
4. And we want to be talking to you about this season of Christmas
5. The Bible says that: “Jesus came into the world to save sinners.”
6. The Bible does not say that: Jesus came to save those who are strong in their own eyes.”
8. The Bible says: “Jesus came into the world to save sinners.”
9. So, who are the sinners?
10. Are sinners only people who commit big sins?
11. Are sinners only people who commit murder or steal?
12. In reality every human being is a sinner.
14. Because we are all born with a hereditary sinful nature.
15. Because every one of us inherited Adam and Eve’s inclination toward independence from God.
16. Because every one of us inherited our first parents’ strong mindedness and stubborn wills.
17. Because every one of us inherited the desire to say no to God’s claim over us.
18. So then, who is a sinner?
19. Everyone of us.
20. The Bible said:
21. That because of that inherited rotten disposition...
22. plus our affirming of it by our desire to be independent of our creator...
23. we are heading for eternity of torment, pain and suffering.
24. You might ask:
25. “Is every single person in the world a sinner?”
26. The answer is: yes.
28. Because of the combination of the hereditary disease of sin,...
29. and confirming of that sin by our own action
30. we are sentenced to a forever in the darkness of the pit.
31. But God said:
32. “I have got to help these people out.”
33. “I have got to provide them with a way to save them from that disaster and destruction.”
34. “I have got to do for them what they cannot do for themselves,...”
35. “namely, provide them with a way of escape.”
36. And that way of escape we call Christmas.
37. That way of escape we call Jesus.
38. God came from the outer space to save His people from their sin.
39. Once again we ask, “Who are the sinners?”
41. Who needs to accept the way of escape that God provided in the God man Jesus Christ?
43. Oh, but here is the question:
44. Who is actually going to be saved from hell and judgement?
45. And that is the most important question.
46. God said:
47. Only those who will admit to being sinners.
48. Only those who are realistic about their condition of heredity sin.
49. Only those who will acknowledge that they cannot save themselves.
50. God said,
51. Only those who will recognize that without the salvation that Jesus is offering, will end up in that place of utter darkness.
52. Only those who become weak minded enough to know that they cannot save themselves from the eternal flame will be saved
53. Only those who are sorrowful over the fact that they have kept God out of their live will be saved.
54. Only those who will not trust in their self-sufficiency to save them will be saved
55. Only those who will not trust in their good works to save them will be saved
56. Only those who will not trust in anything except Jesus Christ will be saved.
57. What about those who are strong minded?
58. What about the indulgent people?
59. What about those who feel that they do not need God?
60. What about those who are proud of their own brilliance?
61. What about those who feel that Jesus’ dying on a cross was a waste of a good life?
62. To those the Bible said:
63. they will spend their forever in darkness, pain and torment,... and indescribable agony
64. As someone said the following:
65. Freedom of religion is the God given right for each individual to choose to go to hell the human way or to go to Heaven God’s way.
66. Those who scoff now... will not scoff at the day of judgement.
67. Those who mock God now... they won’t mock Him in the day of judgement.
68. My listening friends...
69. it is not always “what you see is what you get.”
70. You might ask: “wait a minute.”
71. “What kind of a God would do that to a people?”
72. The kind of God who left Heaven and the splendor of Heaven,...
73. and lived a life of poverty and simplicity.
74. The kind of God who never, ever committed any sin, yet died o n a cross like a criminal.
75. The kind of God who loves you so,... and is speaking to your inner being... even right now.
76. The kind of God who is inviting you to come and accept His salvation right now
77. The kind of God who says that “I have done everything to make it possible for you to be saved.”
78. The kind of God who is saying to you today,...
79. that if you keep on rejecting Him... your eternal future is in jeopardy.
80. The kind of God who is pleading with you today to turn to Him,...
81. so that you may not end up in the place that was originally prepared for Satan and his demons.
82. If you want to make it to Heaven and be assured of Heaven...
83. you have to acknowledge that you are weak and helpless.
84. You have to acknowledge that only Jesus can get you to heaven
85. If you want a meaningful life... and fulfilled life,...
86. if you want a life that is joyful... and a contented life,...
87. then you must come to God today.
88. But that requires your admission that you cannot do it by yourself.
89. You can be sure of one thing,
90. God said: “When you ask Him to come into your life,...”
91. “when you accept His invitation,...
92. “when you come to Him,...
93. “not only that will come to you with open arms,...
94. “but He will forgive you of all of your sins.”
95. “And from that moment on... you become His responsibility.”
96. God is saying, “I will make sure that you get eternal life.”
97. Will you say yes to Him?
98. Will you accept His free gift of eternal life?
99. Will you accept His way of escape?
1. Will you accept what Christmas is all about?
2. Or, will you be like the village fool... who went to the village Christmas party?
3. At the village Christmas party,
4. everybody was opening the gifts that were under a great tree in the village square.
5. In the midst of the crowd, but sort of in the back stood the village fool.
6. This young man bore the brunt of everyone’s jokes.
7. He took the mockery of the young people.
8. During that Christmas celebration,
9. this poor benighted soul was looking more and more downcast.
10. His name was never called out when the presents were picked up from the tree.
11. Finally, they were almost all gone.
12. But then toward the end,
13. they picked up the largest package under the tree and called his name.
14. On hearing his name,...
15. this man’s face lit up like a brilliant star.
16. He came forward with utter childish amazement on his face.
17. He took the package and began to tear the ribbon and the wrapping and opened that huge box.
18. At that moment, his countenance sank as he discovered that it was empty.
19. Someone played a terrible and cruel joke on him.
20. But that is precisely the joke that the devil is playing on everyone who thinks that they will go to Heaven without the Christ of Christmas.
21. Satan holds out the big beautiful box of independence of God.
22. Satan holds out the big beautiful box of worldly pleasures.
23. He holds out the big beautiful box of hoping to be accepted into Heaven without obedience to Christ.
24. But when you face your eternity,...
25. you will discover that the box is empty.
26. And then it will be too late
27. Coming to Christ right now will spare you from being Satan’s village fool on the day of judgement
28. Will you come to Him today?
29. If that is your desire, then you can pray with us this prayer
30. Heavenly Father
31. I come to you
32. Helpless and bankrupt
33. Believing that I cannot save myself
34. Forgive me my sins
35. Receive me into your Kingdom
36. I receive Jesus into my life
37. I receive the fact that he died for me
38. To pay the price for my sins
39. And the judgement of my sins
40. Thank you for receiving me
41. Help me to walk with you every day
42. In Jesus’ name