1. Hello, listening friends.
2. Thank you very much for tuning into this broadcast
3. We are glad you tuned in
4. We have been going through a series of messages entitled “The Blessings of Surrender”
5. In our last broadcast, we left Elisha’s servant under attack and in panic.
6. Elisha's associate was saying . . . “wait a minute, who is with us?”
7. “It's only you and me prophet of God.”
8. My listening friends, . . . when you are in the center of the will of God like Elisha was, . . .
9. even in the heat of the battle, God shows you visions that nobody else can see.
10. Job was given his greatest vision of God under pressures that almost killed him.
11. Daniel showed the world that Yahweh vindicates His own . . . even in the den of lions.
12. Paul wrote some of his greatest epistles while chained in a Roman dungeon.
13. John saw the glorified Christ and the eternal destiny of the world while exiled on the island of Patmos.
14. And here, in the midst of satanic oppression and satanic attack, . . .
15. Elisha sees the angelic hosts of heaven coming down to protect him.
16. Elisha sees the angelic hosts of heaven coming down to defend him.
17. Long before his associate could even understand what he was talking about, . . .
18. Elisha saw the guards of heaven surrounding and protecting him.
19. Elisha saw the protection so clearly, that when the young man was sweating in fear, . . .
20. Elisha was able to say calmly to him. . . "Don't be afraid, those who are with us are more than those who are against us."
21. Probably, in his quiet time that morning, . . .
22. the Lord told Elisha of how He was going to deliver him.
23. When you are in the center of the will of God . . .
24. you do not run around and tell everybody will listen to you.
25. When you are at the very center of the will of God . . .
26. you know . . . and believe . . . and practice the divine truth.
27. You know that the sovereign God is going to take all of this oppression and the attacks and bring something wonderful out of it.
28. When you are at the very center of the will of God, . . .
29. you do not say, "please feel sorry for me."
30. But rather, you would say with the Apostle Paul
31. "In all things God is working His sovereign purposes out . . . and no one can touch me.”
32. “No one can harm me.”
33. “because I am in the very center of the will of God.”
34. Elisha understood that not everyone could see what he saw.
35. So what did he do?
36. He prayed.
37. Look at verse 17:
38. "Oh Lord I pray, open his eyes that he may see."
39. “And the Lord opened the eyes of the young man and he saw . . ."
40. “and behold the mountains were filled with horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.”
41. My listening friends,
42. Elisha's man was probably busy ministering and running around.
43. He did not have time to hear God.
44. While Elisha’s man was busy with activity, . . . God's man was on his face and on his knees.
45. Elisha was living in the invisible realm and living by faith.
46. And that is why when the attack came. . . . Elisha was able to pray effectively for his servant.
47. His servant’s spiritual eyes were opened in order to see the chariots of fire.
48. He saw the hosts of God fighting on behalf of his master
49. When you and I catch a glimpse of heaven . . .
50. our life will assume a different and a new dimension.
51. Miracles will take place.
52. And those around us who are spiritually blind will begin to see.
53. But above all, when you are in Christ Jesus, you are invulnerable.
55. Because when you are in Christ, the greater the battle . . . the greater the victory.
56. The fiercer the opposition . . . the sweeter the triumph.
57. The more vicious the attack, the deeper our spiritual experience becomes
58. Let me illustrate
59. In 1845 at a Christian Convention, . . .
60. they had a huge a motto that would be worthwhile for us to memorize.
61. "The men who see the invisible!”
62. “They also hear the inaudible,”
63. “believe the incredible . . .”
64. “and think the unthinkable."
65. A man who took the Gospel to China tells of the following incident.
66. One day, he was a struggling Christian who wondered if he was doing anything worthwhile.
67. Then, another missionary sent him a letter telling him about the deeper life in Christ . . . the Spirit-filled life.
68. The letter told him about the power of God in spiritual warfare.
69. When the director experienced this truth for himself, he said the following:
70. "We are supernatural people . . . born again by the Spirit.”
71. We wage a supernatural fight . . .
72. “and are taught by a supernatural teacher . . .”
73. “led by a supernatural captain who assures us of victory.”
74. So when the Syrians came down to Elisha, . . .
75. Elisha prayed to the Lord and in verse 18:
76. “Strike these people, I pray, with blindness, and they were struck with blindness according to the word of Elisha.”
77. Listen carefully to what I am going to tell you
78. Elisha was not a man who only spent 10 minutes in prayer that morning.
79. My friends, when you are in the center of the will of God, . . .
80. you don't have to defend yourself.
81. God's vindication of His servant Elisha was two-fold.
82. Let’s look at it carefully.
84. God's man was delivered.
85. When Elisha prayed, God acted.
87. Because he was in the very center of the will of God.
88. Elisha knew how to pray in accordance with the will of God.
89. He spent enough time with God to know what prayer God wanted to hear.
90. God will always vindicate His faithful people, . . .
91. if not immediately . . . then ultimately.
92. Once I found myself in a situation when people who were in authority over me maligned me and said false things about me.
93. I would go to the Lord in prayer, . . .
94. and the Lord would say to me, "Don't say a word."
95. In one of those situations, it took two years before the truth finally came out.
96. But the Lord vindicated me.
97. I didn't have to defend myself.
98. In our text,
99. we see that not only was God's man delivered, . . .
1. but secondly, God's enemies were defeated.
2. Look at verse 23:
3. “So the bands of Syrian raiders came no more into the land of Israel.”
4. It is the same with you and me.
5. Through the victory that Jesus gives us, we can always render the enemy harmless.
7. Because when Jesus hung on the cross, he rendered Satan to be ineffective.
8. Jesus rendered Satan useless . . . and toothless.
9. Listen to me closely, please my listening friends
10. Unless you deliberately give Satan a stronghold in your life, . . .
11. unless you deliberately live in disobedience to God, . . .
12. unless you refuse to use the spiritual weapons that God has given you,
13. Satan is ineffective in trying to attack you.
14. To the child of God who walks in the Spirit of God
15. Satan can bark . . . but he can't bite.
16. Satan can roar . . . but he can't hurt.
17. Satan can plot . . . but he can never succeed.
18. Satan can try to display his chariots . . .
19. but you will have chariots of fire to defend you.
20. Listen to what Revelation 12:11 said
21. that the faithful Christians "...overcome him by the blood of the lamb, and by the word of their testimony..."
22. The very word "overcome" means to render the enemy useless.
23. A few years ago, there was a man from India who went to live in Paris, France.
24. He immediately got mixed in with the wrong crowd.
25. He became demon possessed, . . .
26. and was used as a medium and channeler in all kinds of satanic activities.
27. Then, he was converted to Christ, . . .
28. and the devil didn't like it.
29. So evil spirits began to oppress the man . . . and attack him.
30. As a new Christian, he did not understand spiritual warfare.
31. For months the evil spirits would wake him up night after night.
32. He rarely got 30 minutes of consecutive sleep.
33. Tangible hands would touch him.
34. Tangible manifestations of the devil’s presence afflicted him.
35. He prayed, but he got no relief.
36. Then, a Christian friend taught him how to overcome by the power of the blood.
37. At the moment he would get attacked . . .
38. he would claim the blood of Jesus
39. He would plead the blood of Jesus Christ
40. and the evil spirits would flee.
41. Thus, he received complete deliverance.
42. Elisha prayed for God's supernatural power.
43. Then he prayed that God would open the eyes of his associate.
44. Elisha wanted his servant to be able to see the spiritual hosts of heaven . . . who were fighting on their behalf.
45. Can you imagine the panic the paralysis which overwhelmed the king of Syria and his army?
46. But there is something else very important that I want to tell you
47. Elisha could have given one word and the Syrians would have been massacred in cold blood.
48. But Elisha understood that behind the Syrian army there were spiritual hosts of wickedness.
49. My listening friends,
50. behind our flesh and blood enemies . . . there are satanic forces.
51. You and I can only win not by applying human techniques of vengeance and anger and wrath.
52. We can only win by using the spiritual weapons of prayer . . . and praise . . .
53. We can win by putting on the whole armor of God.
54. Please listen very carefully as I conclude.
55. Walking in holiness and righteousness and obedience to God is not only glorifying to God, . . .
56. it is the very essence of overcoming satanic forces.
57. Listen to what I John 5:18 said
58. "We know that anyone born of God does not habitually sin”
59. “but he who was born of God, God himself protects him and the evil one does not touch him."
60. You can live the life of one foot in the world and one foot with Christ,
61. but don't count on victory and overcoming.
62. Or, you can walk in the Spirit and in the power of the Spirit of God.
63. And thus be assured of God's victory and triumph.
64. My prayer is that you would choose holiness.
65. That you may say goodbye to half-hearted commitments.
66. That you would say goodbye to hovering between two camps.
67. And say goodbye to the life of compromise, . . .
68. so that you may experience the joy of overcoming.
69. Until next time, I wish you God’s richest blessing