1. Hello, listening friends.
2. Thank you for tuning in to this broadcast.
3. We are looking at the names of Jesus prophesied seven hundred years before He was born.
4. Now, there are some people who don’t believe that Jesus of Bethlehem is the same God Who created the universe.
5. Some people have difficulty believing that the virgin-born God is the very God Whose power co-created the moon and the stars.
6. They have trouble believing that Jesus of Nazareth is the very God Whose power hung the sun in its orbit.
7. Instead, they believe that Jesus was merely a good role model.
8. They believe that Jesus was merely a good man,
9. that Jesus was merely a great philosopher,
10. or that Jesus was merely another prophet;
11. but the truth is this:
12. while Jesus Christ was born two thousand years ago in Bethlehem of Judea,
13. He forever pre-existed with His Father.
14. The truth is this:
15. while Jesus the Christ became an embryo in a virgin’s womb,
16. it was through that same Jesus that all of the galaxies were created.
17. The truth is this:
18. that while Jesus the Christ died on a cross and rose again,
19. it is that same Jesus alone Who can deliver us from the judgment to come.
20. This is the heart of the Christian faith;
21. and, if the heart is taken out, you have nothing left but a corpse of dead religion;
22. and that is why I often say that Christianity is not a religion.
23. Christianity is a person,
24. Jesus Christ.
25. Before Jesus was born in Bethlehem,
26. hundreds of times in the sacred pages of the Old Testament,
27. God said that He is coming to earth in the person of Jesus;
28. and, if you have your Bible, please turn to Isaiah, Chapter 9, verse 6.
29. “For unto us a child is born,
30. unto us a Son is given,
31. and the government shall be upon his shoulders.
32. And his name will be called Wonderful Counselor,
33. Mighty God,
34. Everlasting Father,
35. Prince of Peace.”
36. In the last message, we learned what it means for Jesus to be called “Wonderful Counselor.”
37. In this message, I want you to see why Jesus is called “Mighty God.”
38. The Prophet, Isaiah, lived seven hundred years before Christ was born in Bethlehem.
39. The Prophet, Isaiah, prophesied about Jesus seven hundred years before His birth.
40. In his prophecy, he gives Jesus the same name as Jehovah in the Old Testament.
41. He uses the word, “El,”
42. from which we get “Emmanuel,”
43. which means “God with us.”
44. The word “El” in Hebrew often describes might…
45. not just any might,
46. but the might and the power of God.
47. In other words, the same “El” Who hung the sun and the moon and the stars in their orbits
48. is the same “El” Who told the storm and the wind on the Sea of Galilee to cease
49. and they stopped immediately.
50. The same “El” Who formed the oceans and gave them boundaries
51. is the same ‘El” Who told Peter to walk on water.
52. The same “El” Who blew in the dust and created the first human being
53. is the same “El” Who told Lazarus, who had been dead for four days, “Lazarus come out,”
54. and Lazarus walked out of the tomb.
55. The same “El” Who said, “Let there be light,”
56. is the same “El” Who sat on the Mount of Olives and said, “I am the light of the world.”
57. The same “El” Who rained manna from Heaven for the Israelites to eat in the desert
58. is the same “El” Who used five loaves and two fishes to feed five thousand people.
59. The same “El” Who parted the Red Sea for the Israelites to be delivered from slavery
60. is the same “El” Who hung on a cross to deliver you and me from the slavery of sin and addiction.
61. The same “El” Who clicked His fingers and the flood came, saving only the righteous Noah and his family,
62. He is the same “El” Who said “I am the Way, the Truth and the Life,
63. and no one can come to the Father and be saved, except through me.”
64. The same “El” Who said to Moses, “I Am Who I Am,”
65. is the same “El” Who said, “I am the Bread of Life,”
66. “I am the Way, the Truth and the Life,”
67. “I am the Light of life,”
68. “I am the Good Shepherd,”
69. “I am the Door of the sheep,”
70. “I am the true Vine,”
71. “I am the Resurrection and the Life.”
72. Isaiah said,
73. “…his name will be called Mighty God…”
74. and, because the Mighty God came in the form of a human being to show us what God is like,
75. does not mean that He is equal to all others…
76. not only that, but Jesus Christ stands unique,
77. for He is the only Man Who ever lived without sin.
78. Jesus Christ stands unique,
79. for He is the only One Who raised the dead.
80. Jesus Christ stands unique,
81. for He is the only One Who bossed nature around and it responded with obedience.
82. Jesus Christ stands unique,
83. for He healed the sick and the infirm.
84. Jesus Christ stands unique,
85. for He claimed to be God of very God.
86. Jesus Christ stands unique
87. in His power and might.
88. Jesus the Christ stands unique,
89. for He is the Creator of the universe.
90. Jesus Christ stands unique,
91. for He is the Sustainer of the universe.
92. Jesus the Christ stands unique
93. as the only Redeemer of all who will come to Him.
94. Jesus Christ stands unique
95. as the Coming Judge Who will judge the whole world;
96. and Isaiah said,
97. “…his name shall be called Mighty God...”
98. Let me tell you a few things about Jesus’ uniqueness.
99. Jesus Christ is the only Man Who created His mother before she conceived Him.
100. Nobody has ever done that.
101. Jesus Christ is the only perfect Man Who died to give eternal life to those who believe in Him.
102. Nobody has ever done that.
103. Jesus Christ is the only Man Who rose from the dead never to die again.
104. Nobody has ever done that.
105. Jesus Christ is the only Man Who owns the universe,
106. and yet He lived in poverty.
107. Jesus Christ is the only Man Who made all of the iron ore in the world,
108. yet allowed the iron nails to pierce His hands and feet.
109. Jesus Christ is the only Man Who made all of the trees in the forest,
110. yet He allowed Himself to hang on a tree and die.
111. Jesus Christ is the only sinless God-man that ever lived,
112. yet He died a sinner’s death to pay for the wages of the sins of everyone who would come to Him.
113. Isaiah said
114. that His name shall be called “Mighty God.”
115. The most important message that our world is desperate to hear is this:
116. Jesus, the Mighty God,
117. can be closer to you than your hands and feet.
118. Jesus, the Mighty God,
119. loves you with everlasting love.
120. Jesus, the Mighty God,
121. is inviting you to receive forgiveness for all your sins.
122. Jesus, the Mighty God,
123. is inviting you to have eternal life with Him.
124. Jesus, the Mighty God,
125. is inviting you to surrender your pride,
126. to surrender your independence of God,
127. so that you may receive His mercy.
128. Will you come to Him today?
129. Isaiah said,
130. “…his name shall be called Mighty God...”
131. I want to talk to those who know Jesus to be their only Savior and Lord,
132. but you are living your life as if His might and His power belongs to some other time;
133. to those who know the power of Jesus Christ to save them from their sin,
134. but never experience His power for daily living;
135. to those who know Jesus but are living a defeated life,
136. a victimized life,
137. an addicted life,
138. a life that is devoid of His supernatural might –
139. I have good news for you!
140. The same power that caused the supernatural birth of Jesus from a virgin,
141. the same power that raised Jesus from the dead,
142. is the same transforming power that God wants you to live with, day in and day out;
143. and you dishonor Him when you don’t.
144. Christians, please listen to me.
145. If you live a defeated life,
146. if you live a faithless life,
147. if you are living a self-reliant life,
148. if you are living a life of human wisdom,
149. if you are living a self-sufficient life,
150. you are denying, by your very life you’re living, what you claim to be.
151. You need to ask “El” to demonstrate His might in you.
152. ”El” is inviting you to become His son and daughter.
153. ”El” is inviting you, today, to join His heavenly family.
154. ”El” is inviting you, today, to know Him and to walk in His power.
155. If there is a desperate need today, it is this:
156. it is for the true believers in Jesus Christ to demonstrate the life of the God of power and might in their everyday life.
157. Will you say to the Lord, today, “Lord, I have squandered my inheritance.
158. Lord, I have been walking by sight and not by faith.
159. Lord, I have been spiritually living in the gutter instead of the palace of the King.
160. Lord, I have made You to be so small and none of my friends can see You living in me,
161. but I come to You today, surrendering my life to You.
162. I believe that You are the Mighty God,
163. and You are the only One Who can save me from judgment
164. and grant me access to Your Heaven.
165. I thank You for answering my prayer.
166. In Jesus name,