1. Hello, listening friends. We are delighted you joined us today.
2. Those who have been following this broadcast, in our last one, we learned that, in order to experience the fruit of the Spirit, we have to renew ourselves daily.
3. I hope you are going to follow this program, because this series goes step-by-step;
4. so, what is the first step?
5. Inviting the Holy Spirit to dwell in us.
6. Just as a branch cannot bear fruit without being connected to the vine,
7. you and I cannot bear fruit of the Spirit unless the Spirit is filling us on a daily basis.
8. This happens every single day in your life and in my life.
9. Listen to what Jesus said in John 15.
10. Jesus said, in effect, that it is impossible to be fruitful in your Christian life unless you are in total connection with Him.
11. In Galatians, Chapter 5, verses 9 to 23, we see a contrast between the works of the flesh and the fruit of the Spirit.
12. In case you don’t have a Bible, let us read it to you.
13. In Galatians, Chapter 5, starting from verse 13 to 23, there is an incredible contrast between the works of the flesh and the fruit of the Spirit.
14. Mark them in your Bible.
15. This is an important contrast, and I don’t want you to miss that.
16. The works of the flesh, in the plural, are attributed to Satan,
17. because they are divided and cause division.
18. They cause division in the mind.
19. They cause division among people.
20. They cause division in society at large,
21. because Satan is the master of division.
22. When your mind is constantly torn apart and torn asunder, it is because you are somehow following the works of the flesh.
23. When your home is torn apart, it is because the works of the flesh are working there.
24. When a church is torn apart, it is always because someone in the leadership is in the works of the flesh.
25. The master of division comes from the devil himself.
27. Because when you promote the works of the flesh, you are going to have nothing but division.
28. There is no unifying principle in the works of the flesh.
29. Not one.
30. There’s only division.
31. The works of the flesh are independent of each other.
32. They are all divided.
33. No matter how much the ungodly may try, he or she is not able to commit all of these at once.
34. By contrast, the fruit of the Spirit, in the singular, is uniting.
35. There is harmony in the fruit of the Spirit.
36. Many people mistakenly refer to them as the "fruits of the Spirit," in the plural.
37. That is wrong.
38. It is the "fruit of the Spirit." It is in the singular.
40. Because he who walks in the Spirit has a unified, integrated, harmonious life.
41. They are not scattered in many different directions.
42. They do not just live the Sabbath day for God and the rest of the week for themselves and the devil.
44. When you are filled with the Spirit, you are a complete unit.
45. You do not have a divided mind,
and you do not have a divided loyalty.
46. Let me explain something very important.
47. Some confuse the fruit of the Spirit with their activities for God.
48. These activities might be leading people to Christ,
49. or ministering,
50. or preaching or teaching,
51. or serving,
52. or discipline.
53. They are all godly activities;
54. but, please listen very carefully, because this is very important.
55. These activities are not the fruit of the Spirit.
56. These "action fruits" come from the "attitude fruit" of the Spirit.
57. One leads to the other.
58. If this fruit of the Spirit in Galatians 5:22 and 23 are characteristic of your life,
59. then, ministry activities, or godly activities, will most surely follow,
60. because the Holy Spirit of God never fails to produce fruit.
61. If you are living the Spirit-filled life, your life will bear fruit, much fruit;
62. and that fruit leads to godly activities,
63. which leads to ministry and service;
64. but the two are not the same.
65. If you have ever watched the time of harvesting of grapes, you know it is a great experience.
66. You have two people involved.
67. You see a person holding a basket in which another person, who is cutting the grapes, puts the fruit in.
68. One person keeps walking by the vine and cutting and the other person goes along and keeps receiving.
69. As long as you have your basket open and follow close to the cutter,
70. if your fruit basket is open,
71. you’ll receive blessings;
72. but, if you move away from the cutter,
73. or don’t have your basket open,
74. you will not get any fruit.
75. In the same way, as long as you are walking and connected closely to the Lord Jesus Christ through the inner filling of the Holy Spirit,
76. your life will produce the fruit of the Spirit.
77. You do not have to grit your teeth and say, “I’ve got to produce the fruit of the Spirit.”
78. You cannot do it in your own strength.
79. It is the Spirit that bears the fruit, not you.
80. Because the Holy Spirit is not a mere figure of imagination or dry dogma, as some people think,
81. but, rather, a living and life-giving person,
82. you can absolutely see His results in the lives of those who are filled with Him.
83. You will see the fruit in them.
84. There are many people who claim to be Spirit-filled,
85. but, alas, you cannot see the fruit of the Spirit in their lives.
86. Look as hard as you may, it is not in their lives.
87. What are these people doing when they claim to be filled of the Spirit and, yet, have no fruit to show for it?
88. When people claim to be Spirit-filled and you do not see fruit of the Spirit in their lives,
89. what do you think they are doing?
90. They are faking the Spirit-filled life.
91. Let me tell you what they are doing by telling you a true story.
92. There were two young brothers who enjoyed the use of a fruit tree outside of their bedroom window.
93. Every time they were sent to their room for punishment by their father,
94. they went upstairs and, through the window, climbed down the tree,
95. and they would go out and play.
96. That was not much of a punishment;
97. so, they loved that fruit tree.
98. The bad news came when the father announced that he would cut the tree down because it was not producing fruit.
99. They did not like that;
100. so, they immediately went to the store and bought a bag of apples and scattered the apples on the ground.
101. The next day, the father saw the apples on the ground and announced that a miracle had taken place and he was not going to cut the tree.
102. Now. the two youngsters were delighted;
103. but there was one problem.
104. That tree was a pear tree.
105. Now, the Holy Spirit’s fruit does not come out of human effort.
106. If you really think it comes from your own efforts, you will have to fake it;
107. but the fruit comes when the Holy Spirit fills you on a daily basis.
108. Will you ask God, saying,
109. “O, Holy Spirit of God, fill me today.
110. Spirit of God, forgive me if I have grieved You.
111. Spirit of God, forgive me if I have quenched You.
112. Spirit of God, fill me, today, that I might think God’s thoughts after Him...”
113. for, when you spend time daily being filled of the Spirit of God, you cannot help but produce the fruit of the Spirit.
114. Let me tell you something else about the fruit of the Spirit before we close today’s broadcast.
115. The fruit of the Spirit comes as a result of a believer’s walk in the Spirit that you heard in the last broadcast.
116. The fruit of the Spirit is a character, rather than a conduct.
117. The fruit of the Spirit is "being," rather than "doing,"
118. which brings me, of course, full circle, back to where I started talking about stress in our last broadcast.
119. If you have never learned about the incredible stress that the Apostle Paul was under, I suggest you read the second Epistle to the Corinthians.
120. Imagine if the Apostle Paul tried to tranquilize his stress,
121. or take some drug to release the stress.
122. Try to imagine if Paul had done that. We would never have had the Epistles.
123. We would never have had the impact that God, the Holy Spirit, used Paul to accomplish.
124. Here we are, 2,000 years later, reading the words that God, the Holy Spirit, gave him to write.
125. What was his secret?
126. Why was Paul not anxious to eliminate stress and live a stress-free life?
127. I want to tell you why.
128. The Apostle Paul learned to be filled of the Holy Spirit on a daily basis.
129. Being daily filled with the Holy Spirit of God, Paul made stress to be his servant, instead of being his master.
130. He used stress to shine brighter, instead of dimming his testimony.
131. He used stress to dig his roots deeper, instead of digging them out.
132. He used stress to become more dependent on God and others, instead of being independent and self-sufficient.
133. He used stress to build his character; not his feel-good inclination.
134. He used stress to press on toward the goal of glorifying God in Jesus Christ, not withdraw from life and ministry.
135. He used stress as a time, not just for surviving, but for thriving.
136. Don’t escape from stress, but let the fruit of the Spirit be manifested in your times of stress;
137. and, that way, the world will see that the true, living God is dwelling in you and is filling you.
138. In our next broadcast, we will learn about the first fruit of the Spirit mentioned in Galatians 5:22;
139. and that is love.
140. Until then, I wish you God’s richest blessing.