1. Hello listening friends, we are delighted to have you tuned in today.
2. This is the last message that I will be bringing you on the resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ.
3. Tune in next time because I have something new and fresh for you.
4. There are many people in the western world today who refuse to believe in the historical resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ.
5. There are some who say we just have to accept it by faith.
6. By faith they mean blind faith.
7. By faith they mean we are not sure whether the resurrection was literal or a figure of speech.
8. By that they mean that we think his spirit was resurrected, but not his body.
9. By that they mean that this is incomprehensible but we hope that it did happen.
10. By that they mean that the disciples have seen some vision of Jesus to keep them going so they imagined that they saw him risen.
11. My listening friend, I want you to listen very carefully.
12. Our belief in the resurrection is built on nothing less than the rational, historical evidence of the bodily resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ from death.
13. The Bible said,
14. If Christ had not risen from the dead, then our preaching is in vain and our faith is in vain.
15. Anyone who would not accept this historical fact is living on the wrong side of Easter.
16. Anyone who would not whole-heartedly believe this historic fact of Jesus’ bodily resurrection can never hope that he or she will be resurrected to eternal life.
17. Anyone who does not anchor their whole hope on this irrefutable fact of the resurrection will live a sorry life here and now and spend eternity in torment.
18. For the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ is the only source of joy in a broken, dark, and uncertain world.
19. The whole gospel tells us that on the cross Jesus paid the price for our sins.
20. And by his resurrection he empowers us to defeat sin.
21. On the cross Jesus redeemed us from eternal hell.
22. By his resurrection, he assures us that we too shall be resurrected.
23. On the cross Jesus took our rightful place.
24. But by his resurrection he placed us with him.
25. On the cross Jesus was the lamb of God.
26. But by his resurrection he is the lion of the tribe of Judah.
27. On the cross he became the victim of my sin and yours.
28. But by the resurrection, he is the victor over death and the grave.
29. On the cross, Jesus reconciled us to the Father.
30. But by his resurrection, he adopted us to be his brothers and sisters.
31. On the cross, Jesus pardoned all those who trust in him.
32. But by his resurrection he moved them from the prison cell to sit at the judges’ bench.
33. On the cross Jesus has cleansed us and washed us from the stain of sin.
34. But by his resurrection he lifted us up to rule and reign with him.
35. On the cross, Jesus opened the gate of salvation for all who believe.
36. But by his resurrection he invited all those who believe to accept the seat of honor.
37. The crucifixion and the resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ are inseparable.
38. The crucifixion and the resurrection are two sides of the same coin.
39. The crucifixion and the resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ stand together or fall together.
40. You cannot say I accept the crucifixion but I refuse to believe in the resurrection.
41. If you do you are standing on the wrong side of Easter.
42. Which means you are standing on the wrong side of Jesus.
43. Which means that you are standing on the wrong side of God the Father.
44. Which means that you are standing on the wrong side of heaven.
45. Which means you are standing on the right side of hell.
46. Which means that you will spend all of eternity in turmoil and agony.
47. And I’m here to tell you with every ounce of sincerity and every fiber of my being to implore you to change direction.
48. If Jesus was not raised from the dead our faith is in vain says the Scripture.
49. I have never met anyone yet who is not inwardly at least in his or her private moments is anxious about death and what is on the other side of the grave.
50. Throughout the ages people have tried to deal with this question in a variety of ways.
51. The ancient Egyptians tried to embalm the bodies.
52. Hoping that the spirit is going to come back one day.
53. The Asians devised this theory of reincarnation.
54. All of that is man’s effort to deal with death and dying.
55. The modern materialist is saying that everything is going to be fine.
56. They are deceived by their wealth and their power.
57. They are driven in their pursuit of pleasure to try to forget what is on the other side of the grave.
58. And thus try to convince themselves that there is no need for God.
59. Many of our generation have fallen into the deception that says man is the measure of all things.
60. That man is the master of this world.
61. That man is in control of his destiny.
62. And they refuse to surrender the reigns of their life to the resurrected Christ who is the only one who can give us hope beyond the grave.
63. Humanists say.
64. We can discover no divine purpose or providence for the human species.
65. No deity will save us.
66. We must save ourselves.
67. So far I haven’t seen anyone who’s been able to save himself.
68. There are others who bought into that lie that says that we will be reincarnated to other forms of life.
69. Some think that we all will become angels after we die.
70. All of this is an indication that the human heart is hungry for answers.
71. And they are trying to find these answers away from the risen Christ.
72. All of this is an indication that the human heart is thirsting for meaning in death beyond the risen Christ.
73. All of this is an indication that the human heart is desperate to find immortality apart from the risen Christ.
74. I can tell you without a shadow of doubt that this is impossible.
75. For only on the resurrection Sunday nearly 2000 years ago when Jesus Christ got up out of the grave never to die again he destroyed the permanence of death.
76. And he is the only one who broke the permanence of death for you and for me.
77. He did not only break through the barrier of death but he broke through every barrier known to man.
78. There is nothing that is impossible for him.
79. And the God who broke through the barrier of death can break through the barrier of your fear and anxiety.
80. The God who broke through the barrier of death can break through the barrier of the impossible in your life.
81. The God who broke through the barrier of death can break through the barrier of your discouragement and your sense of hopelessness.
82. Let’s listen to the words of Ephesians chapter 1 verses 19 and 20 again.
83. The power that raised the Lord Jesus from the dead is the same power that is available to those who put their faith in him.
84. If you live in doom and gloom it is because you have not experienced the resurrection power.
85. If you are living without the certainty and assurance of your own resurrection, it is because you have not invited Christ into your life.
86. If you claim to know Jesus as your Savior and you are living a defeated life it is because you do not know how to claim the resurrection power.
87. Some of you are probably asking, well, what should I do.
88. And I am glad that you asked that question.
89. What you need to do is to learn how to appropriate that power.
90. What you need to do is practice the use of this power.
91. What you need to do is to know how to claim that same power.
92. What you need to do is to live worthy of that power.
93. There are even believers who live on the wrong side of Easter.
94. It doesn’t mean that they will lose their salvation.
95. They believe in the resurrection intellectually.
96. They affirm God’s power in raising Jesus intellectually.
97. And yet they are living as if it is Good Friday all over again.
98. On Good Friday, Satan and the world thought that God was permanently defeated.
99. And that Satan now had the upper hand.
1. But it was not so.
2. For early on Sunday morning.
3. Jesus rose with every form of power in the orbit of his omnipotence.
4. Early Sunday morning.
5. Jesus rose with all the greatness of the power of his creation.
6. I always believed that my God of the resurrection power is greater than all of my problems.
7. I always believed that my God of the resurrection is greater than all my difficulties.
8. I always believed that my God of the resurrection is greater than my weaknesses.
9. I always believed that my God of the resurrection is greater than all my inadequacies.
10. I believe that the world needs to see the people of God to be the people of the risen Christ.
11. But sadly, it is not the case.
12. Let me tell you a story.
13. In the height of the horrors of communism.
14. Malcolm Mugridge who was a Marxist, British journalist working in Russia.
15. First he was writing for Stalin and one day he was writing a big story on the communist party and the decaying of religion in the atheist empire.
16. After completing his interviews with people in the Kremlin he went to a Russian church service on Easter.
17. The church was packed.
18. At the end of the service, the priest shouted, Christ is risen.
19. And the people yelled back, he is risen indeed.
20. As Mugridge looked into their faces he instantly realized that they were right, and Stalin was wrong.
21. He said the following.
22. It was the reality of their joy that tipped the scales of my soul toward Christ.
23. Later on Malcolm Mugridge produced masterpieces for Christ and the Christian faith.
24. But before the power of the resurrected Christ can work in you, you have to empty yourself of yourself.
25. Empty yourself of your pride.
26. Empty yourself of your arrogance.
27. Empty yourself of your self-reliance.
28. Empty yourself of your self-importance.
29. Empty yourself of your desire to wield any power over your life.
30. I want to illustrate this.
31. Many of you know from history about the War of Independence in the United States of America.
32. After the American troops defeated the British armies.
33. The defeated British general came to George Washington to surrender.
34. And this British general began with a speech.
35. A flowery speech.
36. In which he was praising Washington’s superior military tactic.
37. And the way he conducted the campaign.
38. And while he waxing eloquently.
39. Washington interrupted the speech with three words.
40. Your sword sir.
41. And this is exactly what God is saying to you today.
42. Your sword.
43. Whatever it may be.
44. You can go to church.
45. You can believe with your head.
46. You may even repeat the prayers.
47. And you can be hearing this message even now.
48. But what God is saying to you today, your sword sir.
49. Your sword madam.
50. It is surrender that God is looking for if you are to experience the resurrection power.
51. If that is your desire today, I want to pray with you.
52. Will you say these words after me?
53. Lord Jesus Christ.
54. I surrender my life to you.
55. Every area of my life.
56. There is nothing that I will keep under control.
57. Give me that resurrection power.
58. That I may live in the resurrection power.
59. And I have the assurance that I will see you in heaven one day.
60. In your name Jesus.