1. We are glad you tuned in to this new Psalm that we going to look at today.
2. And today I want to talk to you from Psalm 19.
3. It is a wonderful Psalm,
4. I call it the preaching stars.
5. If you are listening for the first time,
6. We began a series of messages from the Psalms.
7. And if you have your Bible with you, please turn to Psalm 19 beginning at verse 1,
8. The heavens declare the glory of God.
9. Have you ever looked to the stars, the sun, and the moon and said Lord I know you are there.
10. Because you have put them out there,
11. A man was caught in a very severe thunderstorm one day,
12. And the lightening was crackling,
13. Then in the midst of all this,
14. He was inspired to write this hymn,
15. Oh Lord my God, when I in awesome wonder, consider all, the worlds thy hand has made, I see the stars I hear the roaring thunder, the power throughout the universe display.
16. Then sings my soul, my Savior, God to thee, how great thou art, how great thou art.
17. My listening friends, the stars in heaven are God’s oldest testament,
18. The stars are God’s silent preachers,
19. They never tire from reflecting the glory of God,
20. They testify by day and by night.
21. That our God is a mighty God,
22. That our God is a God of miracles,
23. And that his power goes to the uttermost to do the impossible for the whole universe.
24. Long before the gospel was recorded in sacred Scripture,
25. Long before there were prophets or preachers,
26. The stars were speaking to the world,
27. They were speaking with the message that God is there.
28. The power the presence and the personality of God are declared in the heavens,
29. And that is why David said the heavens declare the glory of God.
30. Why do you think humanity was made to walk upright,
31. While the rest of the animal kingdom walks on all four,
32. Because God in his wisdom when he created man in his own image, he wanted man to be able to look up,
33. To look up and see the glory and the majesty of God in the stars.
34. When I’m talking to somebody about the Lord,
35. And the necessity of being born again,
36. I’m often asked the question,
37. Well, what about those who have never heard?
38. Or what about those who lived before the Bible?
39. Paul has a simple answer from Romans chapter 1 verse 20.
40. For from the very creation of the world the invisible things of God have been clearly seen by his creation even his eternal powers and the God-head so that no one can have an excuse for not believing.
41. What the apostle Paul is saying is this,
42. God silent preachers in the sky are so articulate that the man who refuses to listen to the gospel which they are proclaiming day and night is without excuse,
43. You do not need to be a genius to look up in the stars and realize that God put them there.
44. They are God’s handiwork.
45. Just listen to this true story of a science professor,
46. He decided to put together a planetarium to scale,
47. He worked hard on it for years.
48. And one student came into his office one day and said,
49. Who made this?
50. The professor said no one.
51. The student laughed and said,
52. No, tell me, who made it?
53. And the professor said, it’s just made itself.
54. Then the student became angry,
55. But before he could say another word the professor said to him,
56. If you can look at the universe and tell me that it just got there ,
57. Then I can tell you that this thing just came here by itself,
58. Without anybody creating it.
59. The heavens declare the glory of God,
60. God is so infinite and powerful,
61. God is not only the creator God,
62. But he holds the seven seas in the palms of his hands.
63. The Bible says,
64. That he weighs the mountains on scales,
65. That the hills weigh in the balance.
66. That the blast of his nostril splits the cedar of Lebanon,
67. And the stars never grow tired of proclaiming this great God that we worship.
68. Men never intimidate the stars,
69. We get intimidated by men.
70. But the stars don’t.
71. And it is time for the believers in Jesus Christ to cease being intimidated by doubters, agnostics, and skeptics.
72. The stars preach the gospel of God.
73. Psalm 19 verse 1 says,
74. The heavens declare the glory of God.
75. And the Bible refers to 3 heavens,
76. The first heaven is what you and I see with our eyes,
77. The stars, the moon, the sun, and the planets,
78. The number 2 heaven is where Satan’s throne is,
79. Satan has not yet been relegated to the bowels of hell,
80. Although one day he will.
81. In Job chapter 1,
82. God is walking in heaven and Satan comes up to him,
83. And he had a conversation about Job.
84. In Ephesians 6 Paul said,
85. We wrestle not against flesh and blood,
86. But against the powers and the principalities.
87. Where are these powers and principalities?
88. The Bible said it is in the heavenlies,
89. But the Bible said that in the last day Satan will be thrown into the bowels of hell.
90. But then there is the third heaven where God’s throne is,
91. Heaven number three looks down on heaven number two,
92. As if God every morning looks down to the devil and says now devil I just want to remind you who’s in charge.
93. And this is what we mean when we say that his name is above every name.
94. And one day at the name of Jesus every knee shall bow,
95. Every tongue everywhere shall confess,
96. That Jesus Christ is Lord.
97. He is in the highest of heaven,
98. He is looking down at the serpent of old and saying I am in superior position to you.
99. He looks at the devil every day and says your throne is my footstool,
100. God looks at the devil every day and says devil, your time is limited,
101. You are only roaming the earth for a few more days,
102. But one day I will shackle you in chains,
103. I will throw you into the abyss of hell forever.
104. Satan you are defeated at the cross,
105. And you will never amount to anything again.
106. Because I am the Lord and there is none like me.
107. In verse 1 of Psalm 19,
108. The heavens declare the glory of God,
109. It literally means that heavens continue to declare the glory of God,
110. It hasn’t stopped,
111. God is using the stars today to preach to the world,
112. Even though the world is going in the wrong direction,
113. But in heaven God is declaring who he is.
114. God used the stars to preach to Abraham in the past,
115. He said to Abraham, Abraham look up what is there?
116. And Abraham answered, I see the stars.
117. God said to him, your spiritual seed are going to be as numerous as the stars of heaven.
118. If you are a believer in Jesus Christ.
119. If you are born again and have surrendered your life to Jesus Christ,
120. You are the heir of Abraham,
121. You are the spiritual descendant of Abraham,
122. And you are like the stars in heaven.
123. Listen to what Jesus said in Matthew 24:29,
124. He said of the last days,
125. The sun shall be darkened and the moon shall not give its light.
126. And the stars shall fall from heaven,
127. And they shall see the son of man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
128. God is also going to declare another glory,
129. I think God will use the heavens to declare the glory of soul winners,
130. Are you winning souls for the Lord Jesus Christ?
131. I’m going to tell you about the glories that will be revealed to those who are soul-winners.
132. So please don’t forget to tune in back next time as we continue this message on the preaching stars,
133. Until then, I wish you God’s richest blessing.