1. Hello listening friends.
2. Welcome to this new broadcast of a new series of messages.
3. In the next few weeks we will be exploring the Psalms.
4. And today we going to talk about Psalm 8.
5. Do you know that the most important question that anyone could ask in a lifetime?
6. It is the question that Jesus asked.
7. What do you think of Christ?
8. Why is it of uttermost importance to know who Jesus is?
9. Because the wrong answer to that question means eternal damnation.
10. Because Jesus said in John 8:24,
11. Unless you believe that I am he you shall die in your sins.
12. The question of who Jesus Christ is to you personally is the most important question ever.
13. David asked the second most important question.
14. It is in Psalm 8 verse 4.
15. He said what is man?
16. Who is mankind in relationship to Jesus Christ?
17. As I mentioned, today we begin a new series of life-changing messages from the Psalms.
18. So who is man?
19. Is man a highly developed animal as Darwin taught?
20. Is man an underdeveloped child as Fraud believed?
21. Is man an economic factor as Carl Marx taught?
22. Is man a thinking reed as Pascal taught?
23. It was Mark Twain who apologized for man.
24. He said that God created man on the seventh day,
25. When God was tired.
26. In Psalm 8 the word of God says,
27. In contrast to all of this,
28. The Bible said that man was crowned with glory and honor,
29. God gave man authority,
30. God distinguished between man and the rest of the created being,
31. But man ruined God stewardship to him in the Garden of Eden,
32. At the fall, man lost that authority,
33. He lost the glory that God had given him.
34. Yet thank God the man Jesus Christ came incarnate from heaven,
35. And died on the cross,
36. And was resurrected and rose again.
37. And by his death and resurrection,
38. He made it possible for men and women to return to the place of honor,
39. God made it possible for Jesus’ followers to occupy the place of glory,
40. God made it possible for Jesus’ followers to have the place of authority,
41. God made it possible for Jesus’ followers to be where God intended man to be.
42. And today you can claim that authority and glory,
43. But only through the right answer to these questions,
44. The question of who Jesus is and where you are in relationship to Jesus?
45. Now most scholars agree that Psalm 8 was written by David.
46. After his fight with the giant Goliath,
47. A little shepherd boy fought a 10 foot giant.
48. But this battle between David and Goliath was no ordinary battle,
49. It is not just a story,
50. This battle was an example of the battle between Christ the Lord and Satan himself,
51. It is a model for all spiritual warfare,
52. There is a war going on between those who love the Lord Jesus and Satan his demons.
53. And God says in the Scripture,
54. That if you are in Jesus Christ ,
55. If you are covered by his blood,
56. He has given you victory over Satan.
57. Now I come back to the two important questions,
59. Because your answer to these two questions, who is the Christ and what is man in Christ,
60. Will determine whether you live the victorious, spiritual life or live a defeated life.
61. Goliath was Satan’s spiritual son,
62. He was sired back in Genesis chapter 6,
63. When angels of Satan impregnated the daughters of men and produced supermen on the earth.
65. Because Satan wanted to destroy the people of God and stop the birth of Jesus Christ,
66. Because Satan wanted to stop the prophets of God from spreading the word of God,
67. Satan did not want the prophets to demonstrate that God is far more powerful than Satan,
68. So this was no ordinary battle.
69. No wonder David exclaims,
70. Oh, God, our God how majestic is your name in all the earth!
71. He is absolutely thrilled at the victory that God has given him.
72. Because it was a supernatural fight,
73. And the outcome determines the spiritual destiny of the world.
74. David the shepherd boy foreshadowed the coming of Christ Jesus,
75. The Lord Jesus who is the great shepherd.
76. David put stones in a sling and got the giant in the head,
77. This foreshadows that Jesus is the rock upon whom the church shall be built,
78. And he alone will crush Satan’s head on the cross.
79. In fact that’s exactly what God promised back in Genesis.
80. The seed of the woman who is Jesus Christ the son of Mary will crush the serpents head.
81. And that is why David aimed for the giants head,
82. And not for his kneecaps.
83. It is not surprising therefore when David is celebrating this incredible victory that he bellows in verse 1 of Psalm 8,
84. Oh God, our God how majestic is your name in all the earth.
85. In I Samuel 17:26 David said,
86. Who is this Philistine who threatens the people of God?
87. In fact this Philistine threatened to give David’s body to the birds of the air and the beasts of the earth.
88. No wonder in Psalm 8 David rejoices that God has given him dominion over these creatures.
89. David won the victory over Satan’s champion,
90. Not on his own power,
91. But he said to Goliath I come to you in the name of the God, the Lord of Hosts,
92. The God of the army of Israel whom you are mocking.
93. Oh Lord, our God how majestic is your name in all the earth.
94. Do you see the name of the Lord majestic?
95. Do you celebrate the victory of God?
96. I believe that the devil is after every believer,
97. And he is not going to rest if you are walking with the Lord.
98. If you are living a life in the Spirit,
99. He is out to destroy your joy,
100. He’s out to destroy your family,
101. He is out to destroy your business and your ministry,
102. He’s out to destroy your body,
103. And whatever else he can get his hands on.
104. But let me declare to you today,
105. On the authority of the Word of God,
106. That just as David had victory over Goliath,
107. By the power and in the name of God,
108. You and I can have victory in the same way.
109. Goliath was mocking the people of God,
110. And when David said who is this Philistine ,
111. You know what happened,
112. David’s big brother said to him, boy, are you blind?
113. This man is big, he’s ugly and he will hurt you,
114. Get back to the sheep.
115. Do you know my friend how many prophets of doom will try to scare us,
116. And they always point out to the size of the opposition.
117. I believe that the Christian faith is being challenged today,
118. It is challenged by the forces of the devil as never before in history,
119. Just as Goliath was out to defeat the people of God.
120. We have many giants in our lives today,
121. There are the giants of fear and anxiety,
122. There are the giants of greed and envy,
123. There are the giants of anger and depression,
124. Whatever giants you may be facing,
125. They are all have one purpose in mind,
126. They are designed to defeat you,
127. And to make you ineffective for the Kingdom of God.
128. My listening friend, as I conclude I want to ask you a question,
129. What giants in your life that are fighting you right now?
130. I want to tell you that in the next broadcast how to slay the giants in your life.
131. It is my hope that you will tune in to learn how to slay the giants.
132. Until next time I wish you God’s richest blessing.