1. Hello, listening friends.
2. We welcome you to this second broadcast from Psalm 24.
3. Do you know that there is a problem with many Christians, today?
4. Many of them are living in the Old Testament.
5. Now, what do I mean by this?
6. Let me explain.
7. In the Old Testament,
8. the high priest is able to go into the Holy of Holies, once a year, on the Day of Atonement,
9. and, there, he offers the sacrifice -
10. a sacrifice that is offered for the sins of God’s people for one year;
11. and, then, they have to go through the whole process all over again;
12. then, the following year;
13. and, then, the following year.
14. Do you know why?
15. Because the blood of animal sacrifice can only cover the sins for one year;
16. but those who are in Christ Jesus,
17. those who have come to Him in humility and in brokenness,
18. those who have asked for God’s forgiveness --
19. their sins are not merely covered for one year,
20. but their sins have been blotted out forever.
21. They have been cleansed forever.
22. There is one thing that God cannot do,
23. and that is remember the sin of the truly repentant sinner.
24. He cannot remember the sins of those who have come to Him through the Lord Jesus Christ;
25. those who have cried to Him, “Father, forgive me.”
26. Do you know why?
27. Because Jesus’ death on the cross was the payment for the penalty of your sin and my sin;
28. but there was something else in the Old Testament.
29. In the Old Testament, in order for a person to be redeemed,
30. he has to have a kinsman-redeemer.
31. A kinsman-redeemer in the Old Testament had to have two qualifications.
33. he has to be very wealthy,
34. so that he can make the payment of redeeming someone.
35. The second qualification
36. is that he has to be related to the person who is being redeemed.
37. A stranger cannot just walk in and give you the ransom.
38. The ransom is only one part of it.
39. The other part is that he has to be related to you.
40. Let me ask you a question.
41. Who is richer than the Lord Jesus Christ?
42. Who is closer to us than the Lord Jesus Christ?
43. Why do you think Jesus told His followers to call His Father, “Abba?”
44. Is Jesus just trying to be courteous?
45. Is He making people feel good?
47. Jesus tells us to call His Father, “Abba,” because we have become His beloved children.
48. We are His by adoption and grace.
49. We have to be blood relatives of Jesus,
50. and we have to be beloved children in order that He may redeem us;
51. and you cannot get a closer relationship than a father.
52. The Lord’s offer is the ultimate;
53. and, in Psalm 24, we see that the Lord’s overcoming is unavoidable.
54. No matter what goes on in this world,
55. the Lord is going to overcome.
56. The ungodly may cause worldwide destruction,
57. but it doesn’t matter because the Lord will overcome.
58. His overcoming is inevitable.
59. Five times, in the last three verses of Psalm 24,
60. the Holy Spirit speaks of Christ as the King of Glory.
61. This part of the Psalm should be exciting to all believers.
62. A challenge is given twice:
63. “Who is the King of Glory?”
64. and the answer comes in twice.
65. The first answer is this:
66. “The Lord strong and mighty; the Lord mighty in battle...”
67. then, the challenge comes a second time.
68. “Who is the King of Glory?”
69. and the answer comes in, again.
70. “The Lord Almighty. He is the King of Glory.”
71. My friend, I want to ask you a question.
72. Do you know why there are so many lifeless Christians in the world today?
73. The reason for this is that Jesus Christ is not the center of their lives.
74. Jesus Christ is not the preoccupation of their minds and heart and soul;
75. and that is why they live lifeless lives.
76. We have learned to envision a meek and lowly Jesus,
77. and we have forgotten that He is the conquering Jesus.
78. So many people confuse meekness with weakness.
79. Jesus was meek, but He is not weak.
80. Weakness is a false image of the victorious Jesus.
81. It is a false image of the resurrected Jesus.
82. It is a false image of the conquering Jesus.
83. The reason we have insipid churches,
84. and the reason we have insipid Christians,
85. is because we have forgotten something very important.
86. We have forgotten that our God is the God of power and might,
87. that our God is the Lord of Hosts,
88. that our God is a conquering God,
89. that our God has defeated Satan and sin,
90. that our God defeated death and the grave,
91. that our God has conquered sin and guilt,
92. that our God has conquered hatred and bitterness,
93. that our God has conquered fear and doubt,
94. that our God has conquered worry and anxiety.
95. The church of Jesus Christ is made to conquer in His name,
96. and the church that is not conquering, is not the church of Jesus Christ.
97. When you come to worship the sovereign, conquering Lord,
98. you are not worshipping a weak, dead hero.
99. You came to celebrate the living power of the conquering King.
100. Who is the King of Glory?
101. The Lord, mighty in battle.
102. Between verses 8 and 9,
103. there are several centuries of this age of grace,
104. this present time of grace.
105. What does that mean?
106. It means that the Lord is working right now.
107. The first one took place the day of His ascension when He rose victorious.
108. Forty days after His resurrection, He was ascended into Heaven.
109. That was the first question.
110. Who is the King of Glory?
111. The mighty in battle, the Lord Jesus Christ.
112. He is victorious.
113. Right now, God is gathering all His children from all over the globe.
114. He is gathering His children from every tribe,
115. from every nation, and from all over the world.
116. He is gathering His children,
117. and you and I are to be used of God as His instruments of getting His children home.
118. The conquering Jesus right now is gathering His own,
119. those Heaven-born and heavenward bound,
120. and, very soon, the dead in Christ shall rise;
121. and that’s from our perspective, because they have been dead;
122. but, from Christ’s perspective, they will come back with Him in glory,
123. and we are going to see them with Him.
124. Because to us they are dead,
125. but those who died in Christ are living right now in Heaven.
126. When the trumpet shall sound, the world will come to a standstill;
127. then, we shall all look up in the sky.
128. All of the peoples of the Earth shall see the believers moving upward and moving heavenward.
129. Those who are on the highways,
130. those who are in the air,
131. those who are at work,
132. those who are in prison for Jesus’ sake,
133. those in Africa, Asia, America and Europe,
134. those in New Zealand and Australia and the ends of the world,
135. they are going to look up and see the believers go;
136. but those who have rejected Jesus will cry to no avail.
137. They will call upon the name of the Lord, but no one will help them.
138. Those who have thought that God does not care what you believe, or how you live,
139. those sorrowful souls will tremble.
140. They will go to churches,
141. but no one will be able to help them.
142. They will seek after God,
143. but they will not find Him.
144. They will knock,
145. but no one will open.
146. They will ask,
147. but no one will answer;
148. and, as the conquering, victorious Lord leads His own into the Heaven of Heavens,
149. again, the question will be asked by the angels,
150. “Who is the King of Glory?”
151. and Jesus is going to point out to all of His own,
152. the multitudes of thousands upon thousands,
153. those who have been redeemed by His blood.
154. He is going to point to them and say, “The Lord of Hosts. He is the King of Glory...”
155. and, at that point, we get the same triumphant entry into Heaven as Jesus, Himself, had on the day of His ascension;
156. and, so, we shall be with the Lord forever.
157. Are you going to be with those who will ascend to His holy place?
158. Are you among those who will ascend into Heaven?
159. If you are listening by radio right now,
160. the Lord is inviting you, where you are, to come to Him,
161. because God is saying to you,
162. “You can ascend into the holy hill.
163. You can ascend into My holy Heaven,
164. but you must trust in My Son, Jesus, to get you there.”
165. You can pray this prayer with me.
166. “Lord Jesus Christ,
167. I come to You.
168. I repent of my sins.
169. I receive You, Jesus, into my life.
170. Please accept me into Your Heaven.
172. If you prayed this prayer,
173. you can be sure that God will never reject you;
174. that you have become His child
175. And write to us, and let us know,
176. so that we can also pray for you.
177. Until next time, I wish you God’s richest blessing.