1. Hello, listening friends.
2. We welcome you, once again, to this broadcast.
3. It is our prayer that God is using this to bless you and encourage you.
4. It is our prayer it’s also challenging you to think afresh --
5. thinking afresh in terms of the evidence of the Lord Jesus Christ;
6. and these evidences are very clear from the pages of the Scripture hundreds of years before Jesus was born.
7. If you are just joining us today,
8. we are in the second half of the message on God’s last Word.
9. In the last message, we read from Psalm 2, verses 1 to 6.
10. We discussed man’s defiance to God’s authority,
11. and we learned of God’s displeasure over man’s rebellion.
12. Today, we continue in Psalm 2, verses 7 to 9.
13. Here, we see Jesus’ dominion over all the earth.
14. Jesus truly is the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords;
15. but, today, sometimes, His name is used as a swear word.
16. Today, Jesus’ name is despised and rejected.
17. Today, Jesus’ name is described as divisive and unacceptable.
18. Today, the name of Jesus is forbidden to be uttered in many places.
19. Today, the name of Jesus is outlawed in many educational institutions;
20. but, here is the truth -
21. 1,000 years before Jesus was born in Bethlehem,
22. God said of Jesus, “He is My only beloved Son.”
23. God said, “Jesus is My only Choice.”
24. God said, “Jesus is the only Way to Me.”
25. God said, “Jesus is My only begotten, beloved Son.”
26. God said, "Jesus is the Bread of Life."
27. God said that Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life.
28. God said that Jesus is the Door to the sheepfold.
29. God said Jesus is the only Good Shepherd.
30. God said that Jesus is the Spring of the Living Water.
31. God said that Jesus is the Resurrection and the Life.
32. 1,000 years later,
33. Jesus stood in the River Jordan to be baptized,
34. and the Holy Spirit appeared in the voice of God the Father
35. and said, “This is My beloved Son in Whom I’m well pleased.”
36. My listening friend, listen carefully, because this is very important.
37. Jesus was with God the Father before the world was ever created.
38. Jesus is with God the Father right now.
39. Jesus will be with God the Father forever,
40. and nothing and no one can ever change that.
41. When Satan wanted Jesus to take a short cut to rule over the earth,
42. he said to Jesus, “Bow to me and it’s all yours.”
43. Do you know what Jesus said?
44. He said, “Go away, Satan.”
45. He said, ‘The earth is mine. My Father will give it to Me;
46. but, first, I must go to the cross.
47. After the cross, I’ll have victory over you.
48. I will go to the cross in obedience to My Father,
49. because, 1,000 years ago, it was prophesied of Me in Psalm 2
50. and I must obey my Father..."
51. and that is why the Bible said that Jesus is the firstborn from among the dead.
52. What does that mean?
53. It means, because Jesus died for our sin
54. and was resurrected from the dead,
55. He is the Firstborn.
56. I want you to look at verse 8 of Psalm 2.
57. This verse should be the motto for every faithful Christian.
58. This verse ought to be printed on the walls of every ministry.
59. This verse should be printed on every church that claims Jesus for Lord and Savior.
60. This verse should be written on the hearts of every committed child of God.
61. Now, listen to what it says:
62. “Ask me, and I will make the nations your heritage, and the end of the earth your possession.”
63. It is tragic that many Christians have a defeatist attitude.
64. It is tragic that so many Christians have no greater vision in life than their own needs.
65. I am saddened when I hear about Christians talking about what cannot be done.
66. They talk about where all the problems are.
67. They talk about the impossibility of accomplishing great things for God.
68. They tell me about all the difficulties in life.
69. They tell me about all the limitations in life.
70. It is sad to see people who claim to know and love the Lord Jesus Christ;
71. and, yet, they do not spend any time in the Word of God.
72. They spend more money on their leisure, than on the Kingdom of God.
73. It is sad when I see Christian businessmen stretch their minds to expand their business;
74. but, when it comes to the Word of God, they become brain dead.
75. Jesus said, “Ask me...”
76. but the problem is most Christians never ask.
77. When they get sick, yes, they will ask for healing.
78. When they get into trouble, they ask for deliverance.
79. When a loved one is suffering, they ask for help;
80. but I want to ask you a question.
81. When was the last time you prayed for something that was impossible without the power of God?
82. When was it?
83. Ask yourself that question.
84. Write it down and keep asking it every single day.
85. When have you asked God for something to His glory that is impossible to the human mind to accomplish?
86. We know the truth and we have experienced the truth.
87. We claim to love Jesus.
88. We sing the songs.
89. We do precious little and think we are okay.
90. Unless Christians wake up and stop their self-serving,
91. one day, we will wake up and it will be too late.
92. We read of man’s defiance to God’s authority,
93. and the Father’s displeasure of man’s rebellion
94. and the Son’s dominion over all the earth;
95. and, finally, we will see the Spirit’s deliverance of those who turn to the Son.
96. Look at verses 10, 11 and 12 of Psalm 2.
97. Now, let me tell you an absolute biblical truth.
98. God, the Holy Spirit, yearns for the lost.
99. God’s Spirit takes no pleasure in judging man.
100. God would rather save people than judge them,
101. and that is why He added these words in His prophecy in Psalm 2.
102. The last word, here, is this -
103. “Be wise now, you rulers of the earth.
104. Serve the Lord with fear and rejoice with trembling.
105. Kiss the Son - lest He be angry.”
106. God is a God of peace;
107. but God will not force His love upon those who rebel against Him and His Son.
108. God will not force Himself.
109. and that is why the psalmist warned us 3,000 years ago.
110. He warned us to "…kiss the Son - lest He be angry."
111. Take heed and do not despise His warnings, or else you will have no excuse.
112. Turn to Him, now, before it is too late.
113. Accept His offer of peace and be saved eternally.
114. Recognize His amnesty.
115. It is not going to be forever.
116. One day, the amnesty will be withdrawn,
117. for the Bible tells us that Jesus is coming back.
118. How many of you, my listening friends, truly believe that Jesus is coming back?
119. All of humanity will see Him, one way or another.
120. The Bible tells us that Jesus is coming back.
121. A lot of people believe that He is coming back soon, and I can’t wait;
122. but I want you to know this:
123. in His first coming,
124. Jesus came as a helpless baby in Bethlehem;
125. but, in His second coming,
126. He will come with power and great glory.
127. In His first coming,
128. He came as weak and lowly;
129. but, in His second coming,
130. He will come as Judge of all humanity.
131. In His first coming,
132. He was dragged before Pontius Pilate and before Herod;
133. but, on His second coming,
134. the arrogant rulers of the world who have rejected Him will be dragged before Him.
135. On His first coming,
136. He hung on the cross to redeem those who put their faith in Him;
137. but, on His second coming,
138. He will come holding a rod of iron and the scepter will be in His hand.
139. In His first coming,
140. He pleads with men and women to turn to Him;
141. but, in His second coming,
142. they will be pleading for mercy and will be too late.
143. In His first coming,
144. He stretched out His hand to all who would receive Him;
145. but, in His second coming,
146. He will stretch out His hand of judgment upon humanity.
147. Kiss the Son.
148. Kiss the hand that has been pierced for you.
149. Kiss the hand that has been pierced, and you can be saved from the judgment to come.
150. The Bible said, “There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.”
151. There may be a person who is listening to us, today,
152. who would say,
153. “I have never understood the magnitude of the love that Jesus has for me.
154. I did not understand that the day is coming when His patience will run out,
155. but, today, I want to come to Him.
156. I want to receive His forgiveness.
157. I want to receive His love.
158. I want to receive His mercy and grace.”
159. Well, today, you can do that.
160. Right now, wherever you may be.
161. You don’t have to close your eyes and bow your head.
162. Whether you are driving in the car, or, you’re in the home,
163. wherever you are, you can pray this prayer with me.
164. Lord Jesus Christ,
165. I thank You for dying for me
166. and paying for the penalty of my sin.
167. I receive Your forgiveness.
168. I repent of my sin.
169. I receive You into my life.
170. In Your name, Jesus,
172. Now, my listening friends, if you have prayed this prayer with us,
173. we want to hear from you.
174. Write to us, either through the Internet or by mail.
175. Until next time, I wish you God’s richest blessing.